Board logo

Ford 4cyl to T5 Bell
andkilde - 23/9/10 at 12:44 PM

Hello all, bit of a stretch as I don't think they're that common.

Looking for a Ford 4cyl pattern, pinto/zetec/etc to T5 bellhousing.

I'm in Canada but I have a friend in Portsmouth who could ship it across the water for me.

Thanks, Ted

mcerd1 - 23/9/10 at 03:28 PM

well a pinto has the same block as a cossie, so its a cossie rwd bellhousing your after (and release arm I guess)

have you tried any of the cossie breakers over here ?

Dan. - 23/9/10 at 06:10 PM

Cossie bell housing is what you need, however you will ned to make a slight alteration to starter motor position due to the different flywheel size. Failing that www.rwdmotorsport.com sell direct fit ones where no modification will be required.
hth
Dan

BigFaceDave - 23/9/10 at 07:01 PM

I spent quite a long time trying to find one myself and in the end the only way I could find one was to just put 'cosworth breaking' into ebay and everyime a new add came up I asked the seller a question but virtually everyone wouldn't sell just the bellhousing they wanted to keep it with the gearbox.
Im having to do the same now as I need a gear shift for my T5 but as before know one wants to sell them seperatley but eventaully I got lucky with the bell housing but took about 7 months.

andkilde - 23/9/10 at 08:45 PM

Thanks guys.

Didn't realize there were breakers that specialized in Cossies. Any recommendations for a trustworthy one?

A bell came across here in the FS section a couple of weeks back but it was sold locally.

I've seen the RWDmotorsports one -- it's a little more towards the hicost end of the spectrum, but if it solves a potentially expensive starter issue that might make it more of a bargain. I've been looking at American Pinto bells, but there's a bit of bodging involved in making them work as for some inexplicable reason they moved the two top holes up about 3/4".

Cheers, Ted

mcerd1 - 23/9/10 at 08:53 PM

if its for a 2.0 pinto (which I doubt but anyway...) one answer to the starter problem is to get a cossie flywheel, but they have 9 bolts on an odd pattern so you'll need a crank aswell (and if they arn't a pair you'll need to get them ballanced together)

[Edited on 23/9/2010 by mcerd1]

andkilde - 25/9/10 at 03:04 AM

ST170 Zetec actually. I think I'll talk to the guys at RWD and figure out the whole package, flywheel, starter, etc. Trying to save a few pennies might cost more in the end.

Thanks guys, Ted