Board logo

Fuel proof rubber bobbins
907 - 7/2/11 at 08:20 PM

Hi All,

Does anyone know of fuel proof rubber mounts, suitable for mounting a fuel pump in the tank?

Is there a tin top (or bike) that uses "in tank" rubber mounts?

I seem to have drawn a blank.

Many thanks,
Paul G

rusty nuts - 7/2/11 at 08:43 PM

Can't think of any Paul, all of the in tank pumps I know of sit on top of the tank and are held in place by a retaining collar.

britishtrident - 7/2/11 at 08:56 PM

Easiest way to mount a injection pump inside a tank is to use the Rover 600 pump assembly which uses a neat bolted flange mounting.

25 & 800 are
similars

[Edited on 7/2/11 by britishtrident]

907 - 7/2/11 at 10:32 PM

Cheers Mel and BT.

I already have the pump. A tad bigger than the Rover one.
Just need a way of mounting it in the bottom of what will be quite a deep tank.

Apparently the rubber that's fuel proof is called nitrile.

I'll keep looking.
Cheers
Paul G

Killer - 8/2/11 at 09:10 AM

Hi Paul, I got one of these bigger ones for my exhaust but they may do smaller ones, Anti Vibration Mount / Rubber Bobbin Mounting M10 B4040 on eBay (end time 30-Jan-11 14:28:36 GMT)

Cheers

Rich

MikeCapon - 8/2/11 at 09:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by 907

Apparently the rubber that's fuel proof is called nitrile.

I'll keep looking.
Cheers
Paul G

Hi Paul. If you are looking for suitable nitrile components that may do the trick, most O rings are nitrile. The standard O ring material is NBR 70 (Nitrile Butadene Rubber) the 70 is the hardness. You may also find NBR80 (harder) and NBR90 harder still.

I can't vouch for the resistance to fuel but if you're sure on that you could use large cord O rings either side of your mounting bracket?

907 - 8/2/11 at 07:36 PM

Hi Mike,

I'm trying to do this with no metal to metal contact so I'm not sure if I can do that with O rings.
Good info though. That's bound to come in handy.

Hi Rich,

Followed that link, found their website, and emailed them.
Got a reply back this afternoon requesting the weight of the pump (3 kg) so they could suggest the
right "Nitrile" ones to use. Just waiting for a price now. Magic. Thanks.

Cheers to all.
Paul G