Board logo

Zetec plenum
Sierra - 14/8/14 at 01:28 PM

I'm after a plenum for my blacktop zetec. Also after small intercooler

coozer - 14/8/14 at 02:20 PM

Ali, plastic, hc, sc, OEM, aftermarket?

Sierra - 14/8/14 at 02:23 PM

Sorry in Ali or steel, I'm running an eaton supercharger which is currently bolted to plenum with no ic so want to change it.

coozer - 14/8/14 at 02:30 PM

Interesting, got any pics?

Sierra - 14/8/14 at 02:41 PM

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=187777
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=193093

big_wasa - 14/8/14 at 04:37 PM

You would be better of with a custom made one.

My recommendation is you avoid one by an out fit called Pepper performance.

There is one available of the shelf and its made by GBS and is available through Kit spares. It uses a modified black top manifold to keep the factory injector position and rail so will take yours no problem.

There has been a few made over the years for sale other than one offs. Westfield did one. Ginetta did one. both of these used the silver top injectors which are side feed and will be hard work to convert for your application.

Griffin made one and it was universal so you could have the Tb on either end for Rwd / Fwd set up. As it was only available as a package with an omex ecu there are not many out there.

I've made a couple and its a lot of work. £/h I would buy the gbs one if it would work.

None of the above have provision for the ford Idle control valve but as your running after market control I guess you already have this covered ?

Sierra - 14/8/14 at 04:54 PM

I don't seem to have one so probably controlled the the omex.

Does anyone know of someone that will make a plenum/inlet

big-vee-twin - 14/8/14 at 06:13 PM

Try talking to Fastdan member on here.

Sierra - 14/8/14 at 10:55 PM

I did actually see one that looks like the pepper performance one, can I ask what the issues are with them? Also are they a big enough plenum for a supercharger setup

quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
You would be better of with a custom made one.

My recommendation is you avoid one by an out fit called Pepper performance.

There is one available of the shelf and its made by GBS and is available through Kit spares. It uses a modified black top manifold to keep the factory injector position and rail so will take yours no problem.

There has been a few made over the years for sale other than one offs. Westfield did one. Ginetta did one. both of these used the silver top injectors which are side feed and will be hard work to convert for your application.

Griffin made one and it was universal so you could have the Tb on either end for Rwd / Fwd set up. As it was only available as a package with an omex ecu there are not many out there.

I've made a couple and its a lot of work. £/h I would buy the gbs one if it would work.

None of the above have provision for the ford Idle control valve but as your running after market control I guess you already have this covered ?

madteg - 15/8/14 at 09:47 AM

What throttle body are you going to use.

Sierra - 15/8/14 at 10:09 AM

I was just going to re use the one I have which I believe is the standard one