Board logo

Competent welder
andrew.carwithen - 4/10/05 at 03:40 PM

Is there anyone on here within the Plymouth area who is a competent welder and is willing to do a small job for me for the appropriate beer tokens?
I am fitting back stays to my rollbar and although I have tacked them in place to the rollbar and tacked on mounting plates, I don't trust my welding techniques enough to fully weld them on (after all, I may (god forbid!) be reliant on the strength of the welds to help save my life one day.)

Andy.

jester241uk - 4/10/05 at 04:13 PM

u have u2u

andrew.carwithen - 4/10/05 at 04:45 PM

Cheers, Jester.
Thanks for replying. I'll keep you in mind, though, TBH, I'm hoping someone nearer to home will be able to help me out!

Andy.

jester241uk - 4/10/05 at 06:19 PM

no probs let me know if u get stuck
cheers
Ian

Bananaman - 5/10/05 at 01:48 PM

Andrew

I'm in Dobwalls if that is any good. You could also try a chap called Colin Higman at Menheniot. he build race cars for a living and his welding has stood up to 40 years of abuse with no failures. His number is 01503 240166. If you do ring him say that Lampy sent you.

Cheers
Michael

andrew.carwithen - 10/10/05 at 06:10 PM

Thanks, Mike.
However, managed to get it done locally and now at powder coaters!

However, will keep him in mind should I need anything in the future.

Cheers,
Andy.

billy - 10/10/05 at 09:19 PM

Havent you finished that car yet???? bet it looks abit better from the time i last saw it and hey im going bike powa now

andrew.carwithen - 10/10/05 at 09:22 PM

Ah yes...I see you've seen the light!!

..I'd say I'm about halfway through the build now..hoping to get the bodywork on in the next week or two.

Andy.

Avoneer - 10/10/05 at 10:06 PM

And finish putting it on in 6 months!

Pat...