Board logo

CH exhaust manifold
DIY Si - 14/3/06 at 09:47 PM

For my sins, I'm using an 1800 cvh with a 1600 head. Anyone got an exhaust manifold that'll fit? Doesn't matter if it's the type that goes through the bodywork or straight out over the chassis. Or, anyone know of a kit/supplier of really cheap ones? I don't want to use the standard cast iron thing, and can't really be bothered to make my own yet.

simonH - 14/3/06 at 10:20 PM

i'm using an 1800 cvh also. so would be interested to know who is good

DIY Si - 14/3/06 at 10:22 PM

Don't look at me, I don't know.

Bluemoon - 15/3/06 at 10:23 AM

I had the same problem, but will be using the cast one for the time being as I have a down pipe. I think a secondhand one from a CVH westfeild would be ideal, apparently they come up on e-bay cheaply as people upgrade engine...

britishtrident - 15/3/06 at 12:46 PM

Watch ebay quite a few turn up that have been made surplus by guys fitting Zetec engines, that how I got mine --- however they now seem to have caught on to the fact a CVH exhaust can be bodgered on to a Zetec head.

whitestu - 18/3/06 at 03:17 PM

I'm fitting a 1.8 CVH and picked up a 2nd SS hand Westfield manifold.

Will you be changing the pistons to fit the 1.6 Head?

DIY Si - 18/3/06 at 11:46 PM

It's already been done i think. It was brought as is from someone I know. Since I currently have the head off, is there a nice easy way of checking if they have been changed? And is there any particular reason why they need changing?

soggy - 19/3/06 at 10:10 AM

i have the same setup its using zetec pistons.the westfield manifold is the one im using too

soggy - 19/3/06 at 10:19 AM

i think the pistons are changed to get the right compression ,ferriday did my engine
work but i brought the car with the engine already built.