Board logo

Crossflow Upgrade
Baldrick - 6/6/06 at 06:00 AM

I want to upgrade from my knackered 1300 GT Crossflow to a 1600 (or larger) Crossflow. I know some of the 1300 parts are the same as for a 1600, anyone know what the minimum items I need (block etc). Anyone have these for sale in/near Scotland? Condition not too important as I plan on getting it all rebuilt once I have the parts.

Thanks,

zxrlocost - 6/6/06 at 08:26 AM

dont you fancy an early fireblade engine

you can get them pretty cheap now as a kit

Marcus - 6/6/06 at 08:41 AM

You'll need, as a minimum, block, conrods, pushrods, sump, carb rejet - and that's about it. Your original pistons can be reused - they'll up the compression ratio nicely. Make sure you've got a GT head for the bigger valves though.

Marcus

UncleFista - 6/6/06 at 09:31 AM

Crank too

Marcus - 6/6/06 at 10:31 AM

quote:

Crank too

Arse, I thought I wrote that!!
Cheers

Marcus

trextr7monkey - 6/6/06 at 11:31 AM

Baldrick, we are near Carlisle and have a really good Mexico block, also have a GT engine in a car which we will probably be swapping for a 1300 shortly
let us know if this mihght be of any use

Baldrick - 6/6/06 at 04:37 PM

Thanks guys, any idea how much taller the 1600 block is how much deeper the sump? Mike I've dropped you an eMail. re the engines.
ZZRlocost - how cheap is cheap? i hd though of bike engine but thought maybe its all a bit revvy and top end and i'm a little old for all that.

trextr7monkey - 6/6/06 at 11:11 PM

1600 engine block is 7/16ths " taller than 1300cc according to the trusty Burton s catalogue, don't think there is much difference in sump (they appear interchangeable) but that's just off the top of my head