Board logo

Building a car in Belgium
mstepien - 5/9/06 at 11:15 AM

Hi,

I'm currently building a slightly modified Vortx, athough it might be too much said. The car is at my parents in... Poland while I live in Brussels so you can imagine the logistics issues with the build. And the progress so far...

I thus really hope that there is somebody here who could help me find a place near Brussels where I could transfer my car and finally get some work done.

Thx and regards,

Michal

ed72 - 5/9/06 at 11:25 AM

Sorry to hijack the thread, but i'm interested to find where in Poland, apart from blasting around Poznan circuit, can you drive a car like this ?

Seems to me that you have to fight with all the lorries for driving space and dodge all the 6 inch deep ruts

mstepien - 5/9/06 at 02:59 PM

I can recommend at least two places, although in both cases it will be on public roads : north-east in Mazury lake district, plenty of curvy roads on small post-glacier hills, second is where I lived, south of Katowice, in Beskidy mountains. Again, lots of beautiful, curvy, although narrow roads. Both areas are known for some best rallies in Poland, although in Mazury a part is on gravel. And in Beskidy there are some hill climbing sompetitions.
Cheers,
Michal

theconrodkid - 5/9/06 at 08:34 PM

been there,nice river coming down from the mountains and the ice cream in the park and the road crossing for frogs.
you know gliwice Michal?