Board logo

Scrap Bike Carbs
DarrenW - 12/4/07 at 01:33 PM

i have a set of ZZR1100 carbs to put onto my Pinto. Before i do that im going to clean them up. Ive noticed a couple of float bowl screws missing and some of the carb top screws have been chewed up by a past owner. Would anyone have a set of old scrap Keihins going (assuming they will all use the same basic screws) that i could use as spares?

Local would be good as postage is probs more than the carbs would be worth.

If all else fails ill pop down to local engineering spares place and see if they have some suitable new screws and replace the lot.

Cheers,
Darren.

stevec - 12/4/07 at 01:40 PM

I think they are M3, You should be able to get cap heads to replace them for pennies off Fleabay.
Steve.

02GF74 - 12/4/07 at 02:23 PM

QUCIK - tell me what length/how many - I am going to get some stainless M3 button heads so can get these for you whilst I'm there.

DarrenW - 12/4/07 at 02:39 PM

Many thanks for the offer but the carbs are at home so cant confirm. No worries though cos i know my local place will do them for pennies.

Thanks for the offer - mucho appreciated.

cryoman1965 - 12/4/07 at 05:52 PM

They are M3,s. Nice stainless cap head would look nicer longer.

N

DarrenW - 13/4/07 at 10:07 AM

Both screw types appear to be M4 (approx 4mm OD and 0.75 pitch). Carb top screws have a 5mm doa x 10mm long plain shank (shoulder screws). Ill probs get away with plain screws if im careful how the tops are aligned and dont over torque them.

Going to shop at dinner time.