Board logo

handbrake fork/quadrant
bobster - 20/7/07 at 09:34 PM

am running wilwood rear handbrake powerlite calipers. looking for a bracket to join the 2 rear cables to the handbrake cable. understand it's called a handbrake quadrant or handbrake fork. any ideas anyone?

RazMan - 20/7/07 at 10:20 PM

Do you mean the half-moon thingy on the standard Sierra handbrake cable?
I am using the Wilwood handbrake calipers and just used the standard Sierra jobbie - a bit crude but it works well.

[Edited on 20-7-07 by RazMan] Rescued attachment Handbrake half moon.jpg
Rescued attachment Handbrake half moon.jpg

oldmanmille - 20/7/07 at 10:47 PM

Raz, where did you buy the quadrant thingy from? I'm after the same. If from Ford then do you have the part # as everytime I go to my Ford Dealer he asks for chassis number and as I havent got a Ford chassis its difficult

matt_gsxr - 20/7/07 at 11:07 PM

mine came with my new sierra handbrake cable.

matt

RazMan - 20/7/07 at 11:10 PM

It really is just the standard handbrake cable iirc. I think you just have to be persistent and say that it's for any S I E R R A. They will eventually get the message and find one.

Black Cat - 21/7/07 at 06:16 AM

I adapted mine from a CRX. What I like about it is that it has adjustment. There is a photo of it on in my photo archive.

Not sure how to post them on here yet.

Steve

Hammerhead - 21/7/07 at 09:53 AM

that crx one looks like a mondeo one too, not sure if mondeo has the adjuster

jimgiblett - 21/7/07 at 11:58 AM

I just used a pulley from B&Q. Under a tenner.

Piccy here

- Jim

bobster - 21/7/07 at 02:48 PM

yup. that half moon thingie is the bit i'm looking for. did you use solderless nipples (keep it clean!!) to attach on the powerlite cables? thanks bobster

RazMan - 21/7/07 at 02:56 PM

No need to use the Powerlite cables - the standard Sierra cable fits fine .... and not a nipple in sight. When I ordered my Powerlites I didn't think about the handbrake cables but decided they fitted ok for the time being.

Actually I would be interested in having a look at the caliper end of your cables. I assume there are two separate cables which would need to be 'commoned' in some way and then connected to the lever cable.

[Edited on 21-7-07 by RazMan]