Board logo

thaught id try on here, im need of a tps
thesnake505 - 14/8/07 at 07:13 PM

im in need of a tps for a set of mikuni carbs? cheers the snake

DarrenW - 15/8/07 at 10:34 AM

I assume the carbs normally have a TPS so you want a bespoke item? or are you retro fitting a TPS to set of carbs that didnt originally come fitted with one?

thesnake505 - 15/8/07 at 03:47 PM

sorry, its for a set of bike carbs i have fitted to my pinto, there is meant to be a tps there but they didnt come with one! im fitting megajolt and using a tps for this, however with out one im stuck lol, if it helps the carbs a gsxr 750 from an early 90s bike, cheers snake

DarrenW - 16/8/07 at 03:08 PM

I had a similar problem trying to suss out how to fit a TPS to a set of ZZR1100 carbs that never originally had one. I have drilled and tapped the end of the throttle spindle. Will fit a bolt in and then attach to the tps with some rubber hose. Boggs have just made me a manifold with a bracket fitted to it. When i get it back ill just need to drill the mounting hole and assemble it up.

My MJLJ came from Matt Kimmins so came with a TPS pre-wired onto the wiring loom. Im no expert but looks like a standard pot - has a plastic shaft on it.

RoadkillUK - 16/8/07 at 04:56 PM

Get one from a Mondeo and fit it yourself.

I drilled the end of the shaft on the carbs and tapped it with an M4 tap, got an M4 bolt and added a bit of weld, filed it down to fit in the TPS sensor and made a bracket to fit.

The latest megajolt firmware will allow you to calibrate your TPS sensor.

Come on folks, Locost