Board logo

Light Weight Trailer
paulmw - 13/4/08 at 10:32 AM

I have the use of a trailer from a family member. Only down side is that its built for a 3tn skid steer so is a bit like towing the Titanic.

Has anyone got a trailer for sale or knows one elsewhere

Preferably a lighweigth one

Thanks, Paul

hillbillyracer - 13/4/08 at 12:52 PM

I could have one for sale shortly, I built it to take a Mini. The bed is 5'3" wide & I think 10'8" long. It's a four wheeled one with indespension type units with Mini wheels hubs & brakes. I built it myself about 10 years ago, it isnt the lightest or strongest ever made but it's a pretty good compromise between the two.
I've just got a bigger trailer & have a couple of jobs to do with it in the next week-10 days, if I like it OK I'll sell the small one, if not the bigger one may be for sale instead.

Jubal - 13/4/08 at 01:08 PM

Go see the chappie at Tetton Trailers in Middlewich. He'll rent or sell you whatever you want. I often rent the small Fountain trailer from him. Nice and wide which is what you need for the indy.

alexdj125 - 13/4/08 at 03:37 PM

Funnily enough I'm just building one that will weigh less than 250Kg so that I can tow my striker and it will all come to a total of under 750kg. Means I dont have to do the towing qualification!