clairetoo - 4/3/09 at 07:00 AM

Sorry , but I think he's dreaming......Fleabay linky

designer - 4/3/09 at 07:02 AM

Certainly is.

speedyxjs - 4/3/09 at 07:06 AM

Thats probably what it cost him to build

clanger - 4/3/09 at 07:10 AM

Same hereGULP !

Nice tho they are, how does the saying go ?
"Never worth more than the sum of its parts "

That's why I'm building my own from scratch

[Edited on 4/3/09 by clanger]

Mr Whippy - 4/3/09 at 07:24 AM

Cost aside, tbh that’s one extremely well done conversion and personally I'd prefer owning the replica. When you add up all the parts you’d be hard pushed to not spend 30k

r1_pete - 4/3/09 at 07:55 AM

It does look nice, and well built from the pics, but he's not exactly tempting the bidders in.....

scootz - 4/3/09 at 08:12 AM

I've never really understood those 'angry' sellers. Of course you're going to get those stupid questions from spotty 17 year-olds who have no intention of buying... it's what they do (whether you ask them not to or otherwise).

02GF74 - 4/3/09 at 08:30 AM

£ 30 k for a MR2 turbo clad in some fancy fibreglass?

not for me, thank you very much.

Mr Whippy - 4/3/09 at 09:05 AM

I've known several people over the years who owned various Ferrari’s and Lamborghini’s, all of which had horror stories of maintenance costs, breakdowns, I mind an old friends very problematic white countach and how many bits were literally falling off it (like the headlining falling on his head ), I'd go for a good replica any day, especially if it was Jap based

nitram38 - 4/3/09 at 09:32 AM

I've built a countach with a V8 rover. Cost me £18K in 1987.
This car is very difficult to create.
A mate of mine owns Parrallel designs and a turn key Diablo (Audi V6 turbo or V12 bmw) starts at around £40K upwards.
£30K for a drive away car is not that bad.

omega0684 - 4/3/09 at 09:38 AM

i just love the chavvy description and the fact that he's filled out none on the info part about the car

quote:

OK HERE FOR SALE IS A STUNNING MURCI REP, FINISHED IN BALOON WHITE LEATHER LAMBO TYPE SEATS, BASED ON THE CHASSIS OF A MR2 MRK2 TURBO WITH A ENGINE MOVE TO GAIN THE CORRECT WHEELBASE, THE DIMENSIONS ARE PERFECT 100% CORRECT SO DONT BOTHER AKSING IF THEY ARE AS I WILL NOT EMAIL BACK, DREAMERS AND SCAMMERS GO ELSEWHERE THIS IS YOUR ONLY CHANCE TO GET ONE NOW, TO BODY WAS MADE BY EXTREME THE BEST IN THE WORLD AND QUESTIONS RING 07843133731 OR EMAIL NO TEST DRIVES UNTILL I SEE CASH, VEIWING RECOMENDED BUT DONT TURN UP TO HAVE YOUR PHOT TAKEN WITH IT GENUINE LAMBO WHEELS ETC ETC TAXED AND TESTED READY TO DRIVE TOTOAL HEAD TURNER

nitram38 - 4/3/09 at 10:05 AM

Aren't you buying the car, not his use of english?
Not everyone who builds a car is talented in the language department

Mr Whippy - 4/3/09 at 10:09 AM

yeah the ad especially the wording, leaves a huge amount to be desired, hardly possible to do a worse job of it. Instantly just brings to mind a ghastly, spotty, white tracksuit wearing chav desperate to get some more drug money or a hookers pimp

l0rd - 4/3/09 at 10:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by nitram38
Aren't you buying the car, not his use of english?
Not everyone who builds a car is talented in the language department

That could be considered nasty in this forum

Loads of car builders

woodster - 4/3/09 at 10:26 AM

italian styling and jap reliability

MakeEverything - 4/3/09 at 11:28 AM

Sounds like a scam to me.

Why would you list an ad but not give any information about the car? - THEN say no stupid questions!?!?!?

Sounds like a right dickhead to me. Even if i wanted the car, im not so sure id buy it.

chrisg - 4/3/09 at 02:00 PM

I still think I'll sell it, so nurrrrrr.

Cheers

Chris

Mr Whippy - 4/3/09 at 02:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MakeEverything
Sounds like a scam to me.

Why would you list an ad but not give any information about the car? - THEN say no stupid questions!?!?!?

Sounds like a right dickhead to me. Even if i wanted the car, im not so sure id buy it.

thats the problem with e-bay, It's very easy to get hold of picture or u-tube vids etc and just make up everything without actually owning the item, then get folk to send money through paypal or cheques

jabs - 4/3/09 at 04:37 PM

Interesting the phone number given is for fab glass in hull - a fibreglass moulding company, and the pictures are defo Hull as the pictures are taken on Hessle foreshore as thats the humber bridge in the background

Hector.Brocklebank - 4/3/09 at 04:59 PM

Think the car for sale on E-bay is extreme sports cars ex-demonstrator vehicle click link to see. Oh and extreme sports cars are based in hull/Yorkshire, so it looks like the pics similar to ones used on their site, and the phone number is the same one as is listed on extreme sports cars own website

extreme sports cars

[Edited on 4/3/09 by Hector.Brocklebank]

Meeerrrk - 4/3/09 at 06:18 PM

to be fair it looks like a great bit of copy work. theyve gone to a lot of trouble to get it as close as they can :

making the moulds

not my cup of tea i must say but i appreciate the work and quality (or at least as far as i can see from pics)