Board logo

Digital Dash in PPC mag
scotty g - 17/8/06 at 03:12 PM

Hi all, i was browsing the latest PPC mag and saw the feature on Digital Dash displays, very nice i thought but very expensive too.
A few pages further and i saw an ad for these guys and had a chat with them, great value i thought.

P1 Instruments

02GF74 - 17/8/06 at 04:00 PM

agreed, £ 81 with free postage for a cycle computer like th is one - linky that is selling for £ 1.95 is tremendous value I must say.

you're having a laugh, right?

tobymack - 17/8/06 at 04:18 PM

depends which ones you are talking about.
The top on on the PI is just a glorified bike computer but the ACE ones have fuel, revs and warning lights. That makes them much better value.
I'd be interested to see one in the flesh.

Toby

Confused but excited. - 17/8/06 at 04:24 PM

Perhaps the clue is in the fact that PPC didn't include it in the list.

Confused but excited. - 17/8/06 at 04:27 PM

Perhaps the clue is in the fact that PPC didn't include it in the revue.

Confused but excited. - 17/8/06 at 04:27 PM

Perhaps the clue is in the fact that PPC didn't include it in the revue.

Confused but excited. - 17/8/06 at 04:28 PM

Ooops! Don't know what happened there.

scotty g - 17/8/06 at 05:21 PM

When i spoke to them they said that the article had already been written when they approached the magazine.
Still works out cheaper than buying separate guages.
Interestingly P1instruments is a division of Tifosi

cryoman1965 - 17/8/06 at 06:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tobymack
depends which ones you are talking about.
The top on on the PI is just a glorified bike computer but the ACE ones have fuel, revs and warning lights. That makes them much better value.
I'd be interested to see one in the flesh.

Toby

Hi toby,
Got one on my car. Large figures for speedo, easy to read. Nice crystal blue display. A guy on here sells them, i believe it is 16v mini. Do a search he has a shop on another site.

Cheers
Nige

tobymack - 17/8/06 at 06:38 PM

Hi Nige,

I take it you like yours then?
Out of interest, is the max revs displayed on the bar graph programmable? I am sure I read somewhere these things had something like a 19k red line, it would be nice if that was more like 6k for my xflow

As Scotty G said, very tempting cost wise if you are buying new instruments.

SixedUp - 17/8/06 at 06:52 PM

I'm also curious to know what you think about the refresh speed of the speedo on the Acewell units.

I've got a bicycle computer on mine, but they generally refresh pretty slowly, so when accelerating/decelerating quickly you really have no idea what speed you're going at.

Hopefully the Acewells will be a lot better as they're designed for motorised transport, but would appreciate hearing a real users views!
Cheers
Richard

tobymack - 17/8/06 at 07:25 PM

forget my previous question. I found the answer (no) in the manual (here....http://www.acewell-meter.com/images/ACE-37-38XX-EN-V4%20manual.pdf)
Toby

Bitten hero - 18/8/06 at 09:28 PM

HI all would like to read article but what is the mag(ppc that is) as i have no idea !!!!

tobymack - 18/8/06 at 10:35 PM

Practical Performance Car.