Board logo

jet anyone
grahamgg - 3/4/07 at 09:07 AM

linky

Its amazing what you can buy on ebay

Mr Whippy - 3/4/07 at 09:21 AM

Yeah one of those things you never knew you wanted till you saw it. Would cost a fortune to get back in the air and I bet the engine has run out of hours, no doubt needs a massive rebuild. Planes, even the cheap ones are expensive to own. Nice thing to upset them next door when you park it on the drive and start it up.

I remember seeing these fly over the house when I was a kid

vinny1275 - 3/4/07 at 10:16 AM

I think I remember someone dying in a privately owned one of these abut 10 years ago. Doing a loop, got to the top of the loop, one of the seats hadn't been locked down correctly (or at all), and dropped out through the canopy.

You need to know how to wire-lock nuts to own something like this!!

JonBowden - 3/4/07 at 10:54 AM

Oh boy do I want one of these.
The ejector seats worry me a bit - they must need to be treated carefully to make sure they don't go off by accident.

Anyone got any idea what this would cost to make airworthy - assuming the worst but nothing really bad

Confused but excited. - 3/4/07 at 11:21 AM

As he stated; Air worthy ones fetch £80K.
Too much I would think.

JonBowden - 3/4/07 at 11:31 AM

if I had 80k to spend on a jet or a Ferrari, the decision would be easy - I'd much rather have the jet

dilley - 3/4/07 at 01:27 PM

Id be tempted to push the ejactor seat button with one of my mates strapped in I have a thing for buttons,and pushing them!!!

Mr Whippy - 3/4/07 at 01:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dilley
Id be tempted to push the ejactor seat button with one of my mates strapped in I have a thing for buttons,and pushing them!!!

I bet the person who buys it also can't resist the temptation

02GF74 - 3/4/07 at 02:00 PM

it's like a parachute, a car air bag, a match etc. you never know if it will work until you try it and by then it may be too late to find it doesn't

speedyxjs - 3/4/07 at 02:03 PM

great for a locost donor, 2x3500 hp engines

mistergrumpy - 3/4/07 at 02:06 PM

Wow I'd love one of these. Its what I trained on when I joined the RAF. I remember pumping the brake pressure handle like a bastard and getting a bruised arm doing it. Learning all the buttons inside and tootling along in it. Fantastic! I think I still have my training manuals for servicing it. He he great times

edspurrier - 5/4/07 at 12:11 AM

Shame they're not aerobatic any more, small problem with wings falling off apparently.

dilley - 5/4/07 at 10:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
quote:
Originally posted by dilley

I bet the person who buys it also can't resist the temptation

Thats the reason I would never have a quick release steering wheel, how many people have took the keys out of the ignition while driving?? a good trick on your mates if you remove the pin