Board logo

Air tools?
garage19 - 8/5/06 at 12:54 PM

Just picked up a bargain of a compressor at the weekend. 150ltr, twin cylinder, 3hp single phase SIP workplace jobbie for just over a ton.

Problem is i now need some air tools!

I will probably buy good second hand ones from ebay rather than new cheapy nasty ones.

Can any one recommend which are the best makes of this sort of kit to look out for?

Cheers,

Doug.

fesycresy - 8/5/06 at 01:11 PM

Devilbiss for painting and Ingersol Rand for tools.

Aboardman - 8/5/06 at 04:26 PM

any more compressors

tractorboy - 9/5/06 at 09:43 AM

sealley are pretty good and resonable as are kobe . draper also do a range . then you could get silly and go for atlas copco ,desoutter, blue point( snap on ) .try 'aircraft tools' as a search if you are looking on ebay. cheers scott

rusty nuts - 9/5/06 at 06:19 PM

I've got a Mac tools 1/2 " drive air wrench surplas to requirements but will be on holiday from tomorrow until about 22nd Personally I don't rate Sealey stuff

NS Dev - 10/5/06 at 09:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by garage19
Just picked up a bargain of a compressor at the weekend. 150ltr, twin cylinder, 3hp single phase SIP workplace jobbie for just over a ton.

Problem is i now need some air tools!

I will probably buy good second hand ones from ebay rather than new cheapy nasty ones.

Can any one recommend which are the best makes of this sort of kit to look out for?

Cheers,

Doug.

Got the same machine myself (though I paid £200!) very good!! Mine's installed in the roof of the garage now, took some lifting up there!!!

garage19 - 10/5/06 at 11:59 AM

I bet it did!!!

We had trouble lifting it into the back of my fiesta (the wife had taken the truck).

It looked very funny. My passenger was pressed against the windscreen and the boot was lashed down over the other end of the compressor with some old rope.