Board logo

anyone bought off this site?
COREdevelopments - 24/6/07 at 01:33 PM

hi has anyone purchased from these people, i believe they were at newark but i didnt go so didnt get the chance to speak to them. been on their website www.electrostaticmagic.co.uk
but the have no contact number. i quite fancy powercoating some stuff s really wanna buy one, has anyone got one so they can tell me if it any good?

[Edited on 24/6/07 by COREdevelopments]

worX - 24/6/07 at 01:43 PM

they were next to the total kit car magazine at Newark (apparantly) and as such they took an interest in them, bought one and will do a review in their magazine.

So if you are at all unsure you could wait for the "unbiased" review?

Cheers,
Steve

[Edited on 24/6/07 by worX]

Wadders - 24/6/07 at 01:43 PM

I have a leaflet which i picked up at Newark, but it only has a Web address and an email as contact for sales enquiries, sales@electrostaticmagic.co.uk
No phone number
looked good especially the candy colours.
Show price was £99, which i thought was quite good value. They seemed to be shifting a few from what i saw.

Al.

COREdevelopments - 24/6/07 at 01:48 PM

bummer! knew i should of gone! i really like the idea of powdercoating, especially at that price. i also am wondering why no landline or mobile number?
cheers guys.

oadamo - 24/6/07 at 02:52 PM

they sell them on ebay for £99 the only prob tou need an oven to cure the paint. ive been looking at em
adam

COREdevelopments - 24/6/07 at 04:20 PM

ye will buy an old one for that. will a gas one do? as i can put it outside then.

grahamgg - 24/6/07 at 05:28 PM

you dont need an oven,you can use a heat gun (for stripping paint) ..seen the demo at newark looked really good.

RoadkillUK - 24/6/07 at 06:15 PM

Keep an eye out on Freecycle for an oven

JamJah - 24/6/07 at 07:34 PM

Such an ametur site. I wish people who decide to do there own site would at least look at the legal bits.
* By law as they trade from the site they legally have to display a physical address (Distance Selling Act).
*The silver on white certainly isnt 'accessible' (Disabled Discrimination Act)

COREdevelopments - 24/6/07 at 07:37 PM

ye got a heat gun, i will still get an oven, and use the gun for large bits n bobs. they aint got any on ebay at the moment.

DarrenW - 25/6/07 at 09:53 AM

Website says gas oven is no good. Must be due to the moisture that gas gives off - at a guess.