Board logo

Good video editing software
greggors84 - 28/6/06 at 01:24 PM

What is a good video package to use. I have used windows movie maker and adobe premier, and the seem on the opposite ends of the scale. WMM is good but i wouldnt mind a few more features, premier was too complicated for what i wanted and couldnt work out how to do any effects.

Is there any software that is simple to use like WMM but has alot more features and effects, without getting to complicated.

Cheers

ADD - 28/6/06 at 01:33 PM

try roxio, simple to use powerful enough for the amateur but a bit regimented, lacking versitility

chockymonster - 28/6/06 at 01:34 PM

I use premier
Adding effects is pretty easy, just make sure you are working in timeline mode.

The effects such as transitions work between different timelines.
There are plenty of howto's available on the internet

This one is pretty straightforward, it may not be for the version you have but it gives you the basics.

http://www.rice.edu/fondren/erc/howto/ap.html

marcyboy - 28/6/06 at 01:56 PM

i use roxio easy media creator 7.5,
roxio easy media creator 8 is out now
does what it say on the tin... and very user friendly and a lot easier to use than the more expensive pinnacle package.

birdii - 28/6/06 at 02:04 PM

I use Pinnacle. Got on ok with it so far but i haven't really done to much editing yet, only a couple of movies.
Sony Vegas is about the best around i believe but very expensive!

pdw709 - 28/6/06 at 03:12 PM

I've used a variaty of editing packages over the past few years including Sonic, Pinnacle and Adobe.

For ease of use and simplicty then I would have to recommend ArcSoft's Showbiz - Its not that common but can be bought from the internet quite cheaply - infact I puchased a 2nd hand copy of Ebay for £2 when my CD got damaged and I needed to reinstall it.

I also use Adobe Premier Elements which is probably the best technical package out there for the price.

I'm actually doing a DVD project at the moment and I'm using a combination of these two packages.

Phil

Hellfire - 28/6/06 at 03:22 PM

Just for the record:

Adobe Premier is good.

Vegas is (by far) better, simpler and easier to use. Doesn't load your sysytem with additional files and is also much quicker.

I use them both regularly with Nero to finalise.

Steve

Just - 28/6/06 at 03:44 PM

Always found Pinnacle Studio easy and professional enough for home videos.

caber - 28/6/06 at 08:30 PM

iMovie, free with a Mac! very simple to learn and surprisingly powerful!

Caber