Board logo

vista home premium
davy - 1/2/07 at 01:05 PM

Loaded the above, all works great, bit the control panel keeps locking up. Can see nothing about it, any ideas lads. Davy

Agriv8 - 1/2/07 at 01:36 PM

Got it on a test bed PC at work not played with yet proper work keeps getting in the way !!

What memory have you in the machine as I belive Vista is VERY memory hungry.

regards

Agriv8

tom windmill - 1/2/07 at 02:59 PM

I have a friend who has just bought it, but cant find drivers anywhere - anyone know where i can find some drivers??

cheers Tom

coozer - 1/2/07 at 04:23 PM

quote:
- anyone know where i can find some drivers??

Local bus garage - loads of drivers there every day

RazMan - 1/2/07 at 04:59 PM

Try the website of the device manufacturers concerned - they will be getting a lot of pressure to release Vista drivers now that is has been released.

Aboardman - 1/2/07 at 05:21 PM

for the price of it here.

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductListerSearch.aspx?Stockcode=SOFMICWVIS

it looks a good price to have a orginial copy.

or am i missing something?

Jasper - 1/2/07 at 05:30 PM

Does seem cheap - any thoughts anybody????

I've been playing with an 'evaluation' copy and like it - I would be happy to pay £66 for a genuine copy....

RoadkillUK - 1/2/07 at 05:37 PM

Vista Premium (OEM) is cheaper at CCL Computers

Catpuss - 1/2/07 at 06:44 PM

Aye, btu the OEM is also illegal to sell unless with a at least a significant component of the PC.

The general consensus (well not according to MS at least) is that a power cable is classes as a significant component as the PC won't work without it

Catpuss - 1/2/07 at 06:45 PM

Forogot to add. Its not that cheap. upgrade is $99 in the US (not OEM) and with that you can buy two more copies for $49 each.

As usual MS shaft the UK cos there is no reason why they can justify $1 = £1 for a normal upgrade. For the ultimate edition is may work out cheaper buying a PC with is pre-installed and selling your old one.

RichardK - 1/2/07 at 07:21 PM

I believed the minimum amout of hardware to purchase to be ok with an oem copy is a mouse.

Seem to remeber this is on a poster at CCL

Regards

Rich

tom windmill - 2/2/07 at 12:20 AM

when i bought xp they have to give me a 'free' mouse this was from microdirect...

Tom