Board logo

Am I a cut and shut?
chrisg - 14/4/09 at 10:12 AM

I'm a worried man.

This morning I was in the shower, lathering up the old clock weights and I found A SEAM!!!!!!

Now I'm worried that I'm two blokes welded together

What do you think?

Cheers

Chris

Peteff - 14/4/09 at 10:50 AM

You definitely used to look like two blokes welded together Chris. Turn the water temp up a bit to get them sagging and it might not show up so much. You might be conjoined twins, it could be your brother in there

edit:- read that through and it's just b0ll0x

[Edited on 14/4/09 by Peteff]

coozer - 14/4/09 at 11:00 AM

The seam is due to cold weather there and disappears as the temp rises.

You can always take a pair of blunt scissors and trim the seam back if it troubles you

chrisg - 14/4/09 at 11:12 AM

I'm going to underseal the area to hide the seam.

Not like you to talk b*ll*cks Pete

Cheers

Chris

iank - 14/4/09 at 11:44 AM

An angle grinder with a wire brush will soon rid you of that unsightly seam.

Mr Whippy - 14/4/09 at 11:51 AM

I explained the 'seam' to missy and what it was and why its there...her mouth nearly hit the floor

Forum decency prevents me explaining it on here

cd.thomson - 14/4/09 at 11:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
I explained the 'seam' to missy and what it was and why its there...her mouth nearly hit the floor

a moderately untidy finish to an otherwise perfect bit of transformational surgery Ms Whippy?

Peteff - 14/4/09 at 01:00 PM

You're normal after all.

But if you really wanted to know why it's there...

That line is Vesling's line. It's a raphe (a ridge) that results from the closure and fusing of the scrotum toward the midline during a particular phase of fetal development. It marks the position of the septum scroti, a wall of connective tissue inside that separates your scrotum into two halves, each of which contains a testis.

iank - 14/4/09 at 01:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
You're normal after all.

But if you really wanted to know why it's there...

That line is Vesling's line. It's a raphe (a ridge) that results from the closure and fusing of the scrotum toward the midline during a particular phase of fetal development. It marks the position of the septum scroti, a wall of connective tissue inside that separates your scrotum into two halves, each of which contains a testis.

Think this diagram shows the foetal development aspect to which Mr Whippy is alluding.
Probably best not to open it at work.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d6/Gray1119.png

Mr Whippy - 15/4/09 at 01:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cd.thomson
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy

a moderately untidy finish to an otherwise perfect bit of transformational surgery Ms Whippy?

PMSL errr no

quote:

Originally posted by Peteff

Think this diagram shows the foetal development aspect to which Mr Whippy is alluding.
Probably best not to open it at work.

yeah that's it, quite cleaver stuff really

Triton - 16/4/09 at 09:39 PM

pmsl at this lot........spilt my coffee!!!

Ninehigh - 18/4/09 at 11:58 PM

I knew a bloke who was a cut and shut, dead obvious too one half was white and the other half was mexican.

MOT fella at the NHS just failed him on sight...