Board logo

What to do with old PC games & technology
JEPY - 23/8/09 at 07:58 PM

The clearout continues, and I've found a load of old PC games (doom etc) and even older gizmos (Nintendo gameboy, psion series 2).

Question is, what to do with them? I realise they're obsolete and pretty much useless compared to todays games and technology. Seems a shame to skip them - any suggestions?

coozer - 23/8/09 at 08:00 PM

Ebay?

scudderfish - 23/8/09 at 08:32 PM

Freecycle? Give them to me?

Noid - 24/8/09 at 05:23 PM

Hi, I didn't just register just to comment on this post but It has caught my attention.

I collect video games and consoles so let me know what you have before throwing them out.

Hello to the peoples on the forum.

JEPY - 24/8/09 at 08:21 PM

Either/both of you are welcome to them. I'll pull together a list for tomorrow.

James

scudderfish - 24/8/09 at 08:46 PM

Marvellous

Noid - 24/8/09 at 10:19 PM

Well, I already have a psion but the video games and consoles I am very interested in.

Keep us informed.

flibble - 24/8/09 at 10:32 PM

Indeed they are too good to throw!
One of my friends just paid £250 for a sinclair spectrum 48k, give em to a good home ^^ or Ebay them!

Noid - 25/8/09 at 01:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by flibble
Indeed they are too good to throw!
One of my friends just paid £250 for a sinclair spectrum 48k, give em to a good home ^^ or Ebay them!

Ooh, I have 2 of those!

Shame is, most of them are worthless!

JEPY - 26/8/09 at 08:41 PM

Sorry for the delay - spent the last couple of evenings packing and can't move for cardboard boxes!

Ok, a box of PC games (like I said, quite old but all original - seems a bit of an eclectic mix and not sure why these are the only ones I have left...). Will post the whole box for £8 to anyone that wants it:

Doom 2, Final Doom, Ultimate Doom, Quake, Grand Prix, Grand Prix2, Day of the Tentacle, Microcosm, Screamer, Wing Commander, Fire & Ice, Bitmap Brothers Vol 1, Theme Park and a few others.

I'm still trying to find all the old gadgets so will post them later!

J

Noid - 27/8/09 at 01:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JEPY
Sorry for the delay - spent the last couple of evenings packing and can't move for cardboard boxes!

Ok, a box of PC games (like I said, quite old but all original - seems a bit of an eclectic mix and not sure why these are the only ones I have left...). Will post the whole box for £8 to anyone that wants it:

Doom 2, Final Doom, Ultimate Doom, Quake, Grand Prix, Grand Prix2, Day of the Tentacle, Microcosm, Screamer, Wing Commander, Fire & Ice, Bitmap Brothers Vol 1, Theme Park and a few others.

I'm still trying to find all the old gadgets so will post them later!

J

Not too fussed about the PC games, I have most of them anyway.
I'm into the gadgets more.

Will post my NES project at some point.