Board logo

7 with a roof.
Kwik - 18/4/11 at 02:49 PM

i assume its been done before and i think it can make a few of the, not so good looking, MEV cars looks slightly better.

what i would love to see is someone photoshop a roof onto an MEV exocet. keeping the existing lines as much as possible etc.

a roof and doors (well 2 windows or flaps you can enter and exit by, or maybe a nova inspired roof door mechanism) would also make it slightly more practical and less embarrassing if your court in a rain storm

so any pics of 7 styled cars with roofs?

Chippy - 18/4/11 at 03:55 PM

Not a good picture, but this is the one that I made for mine. Cheers Ray

HT small
HT small

bi22le - 18/4/11 at 04:13 PM

By far one of the best looking se7en cars I have seen is the Donkervoort. I saw 3 of these when I went to the ring last year and the quality is better than ANY kit I have seen before, although this is reflected in the price (80,000 euros I think)

Amazing cars with everything you want from a se7en (except the Locost price tag!)

Sit down get a bucket for your drool and enjoy!

http://www.donkervoort.nl/en/donkervoort-cars/models/d8-gt

HTH

Biz

David Jenkins - 18/4/11 at 04:26 PM

We mustn't forget Trev D's roof - amazing what a professional metal basher can achieve!

Description
Description

stevegough - 18/4/11 at 04:36 PM

Quoting David Jenkins: "We mustn't forget Trev D's roof - amazing what a professional metal basher can achieve! "

Wow - that is a work of art. I want mine to look like that

( but forget the german 80K euro swank - mobile ) - that's just not cricket, old boy!

That reminds me - I must upload some pics of mine now I've got the roof and doors on (but don't hold your breath, I'm not too impressed with the final fit.)

[Edited on 18/4/11 by stevegough]

blakep82 - 18/4/11 at 04:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stevegough
( but forget the german 80K euro swank - mobile ) - that's just not cricket, old boy!

which one? the dutch one?

Kwik - 18/4/11 at 04:59 PM

thats awesome chippy, how was it made? foam and fibreglass? or metal?

now that i have seen those pics im seriously considering a se7en... lord help me ....

Chippy - 18/4/11 at 10:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kwik
thats awesome chippy, how was it made? foam and fibreglass? or metal?
now that i have seen those pics im seriously considering a se7en... lord help me ....

It's GRP formed on a male mould, then filled and painted, (not very well), :-) I will stick some pictures in my photo archive of the mould as it progressed. Cheers Ray

Edit to add pics now in archive.

[Edited on 18-4-11 by Chippy]

iank - 18/4/11 at 10:18 PM

This month's complete kitcar magazine has a brief description of the process I think Chippy used. It's on page 76-77 (John Dickens is making a roof and rear window panel for his UVA sandrail)

It's probably not enough detail on it's own to buy the magazine but worth a look in WHSmiths/Tesco's to get the general idea.
Or go on one of John Dickens courses up in South Shields.
http://www.ecfibreglasssupplies.co.uk/p-2229-fibreglass-course-with-john-dickens.aspx

jabbahutt - 19/4/11 at 07:05 AM

Everytime I see a phot of Trev D's car I still find it hard not to cut my own arms off for being too inadequate.

JeffJeffers - 19/4/11 at 08:29 AM

Thats the 1st time I have seen that car and it looks awsome.

Triton - 19/4/11 at 08:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
We mustn't forget Trev D's roof - amazing what a professional metal basher can achieve!

Description
Description

WOW that is one nice looking car, art on wheels and hats off to Trev D's metal bashing skills there

swanny - 19/4/11 at 09:10 AM

epic work.

nick205 - 19/4/11 at 10:09 AM

TrevD's car is simply stunning! Not seen the roof before and it just looks so right on the car.

For me the ultimate 7 inspired car is the Donkey with or without roof - looks amazing both ways. I'd want a V8 one