Board logo

Where to buy stickon front numberplate
James - 11/7/12 at 04:55 PM

My front plate is so low I suspect getting the car onto a Eurostar and driving unknown French roads/speed humps may be a problem.

To get round this I thought a stick-on front plate might be a cost-effective mod.

Those that have bought them- where from? Any recommendations?

Cheers,
James

doddy - 11/7/12 at 05:05 PM

got mine from ebay

doddy - 11/7/12 at 05:06 PM

SELF ADHESIVE stick on number plate front rear kit car | eBay

loggyboy - 11/7/12 at 05:08 PM

Bare in mind, whilst not widely enforced, stick on plates aren't road legal as no stick on reflective background meets the British Standard.

ian locostzx9rc2 - 11/7/12 at 05:09 PM

E BAY!

r1_pete - 11/7/12 at 05:20 PM

Craigs Plates.

James - 11/7/12 at 05:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Bare in mind, whilst not widely enforced, stick on plates aren't road legal as no stick on reflective background meets the British Standard.

Yeah, I was aware they were a problem here. Don't know what best to do really on that front.

Any idea how they're regarded in France? I know the Police there are pretty tough on speeding and the like but are they funny about plates? If it's a GB car too?

Cheers,
James

pewe - 11/7/12 at 06:02 PM

Local caravan or trailer depot might be worth a try.
Don't forget your breathalyser kit x2, though I gather they aren't totally enforcing until Nov.
HTH
Cheers, Pewe10

RichB - 11/7/12 at 08:07 PM

Can you mount your existing ones on a hinge. That way if it clips anything then it will swing back. Plus at speed the gatsos won't get you! Maybe??!

matt_gsxr - 11/7/12 at 08:12 PM

Craigsplates

been on for 3 years now and still in good shape.

kipper - 12/7/12 at 07:31 AM

x2 on the hinged numberplate. Where I live there are loads of speed bumps and my plate has the scars to prove it is working, it also cope with loading on the P&O ferry's in Hull.
Regards Denis.