Board logo

Exterior Pre IVA check - Picture Heavy
killerferret666 - 11/8/14 at 07:01 PM

I've broken it down into interior/ under shell and exterior for a few reasons.

1. I know I still have bits to do on the interior so dont want to waste peoples time
2. this is a different build to most so sure some people will pick up bits in different areas
3. Gives me some time to correct these bits

With that said things I noted myself when uploading and corrected or will correct;

1. Forgot to put wiper arm nut cover on - now on
2. Fender for front wheel actually stops about 200mm above centre line of wheels, IVA Manual specifies 150mm - ordered some plastic PVC sheet and will fit in the rear of the front arch and trim the edge.

things just to note;

* A 100mm ball cant get between the wheel and the arches
* Wing mirrors will be set up before test (cant get in the garage with them sticking out)
* Bodywork is done just to fit, Bodyshop will align it all

Anything you guys spot just post. cheers!

austin man - 11/8/14 at 08:04 PM

air intake will require trimming due to radius / sharp edge

killerferret666 - 11/8/14 at 08:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by austin man
air intake will require trimming due to radius / sharp edge

Thanks....more sanding ...great

snapper - 11/8/14 at 08:58 PM

One of the advantages of full bodywork is the there is little to worry about regarding edges
I would however look closely at rear vision
Light height and things like side repeaters

As this is an unusual car ( what is it?) you may be better off going to IVA and walking away with a to do list

The Black Flash - 11/8/14 at 09:00 PM

Assuming all of the various moulded edges on the body are radiused (can't really see), then there doesn't look to be much as it's all covered in
Is the edge of the bottom plinth of the light stalks 2.5mm? Or does the ball not touch?

killerferret666 - 11/8/14 at 09:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by snapper
One of the advantages of full bodywork is the there is little to worry about regarding edges
I would however look closely at rear vision
Light height and things like side repeaters

As this is an unusual car ( what is it?) you may be better off going to IVA and walking away with a to do list

Rear vision is reason for the mirrors on strange high and wide mounts and the glass is convex as well. With no interior mirror it is something I've done all I can at the moment.

Light height all checked, indicators ok, headlights 510mm to bottom edge of lit area.

It's a DDR MOTORSPORT GT4 and I had same thoughts as you, I'd got to the point where a list will be more helpfull.

killerferret666 - 11/8/14 at 09:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by The Black Flash
Assuming all of the various moulded edges on the body are radiused (can't really see), then there doesn't look to be much as it's all covered in
Is the edge of the bottom plinth of the light stalks 2.5mm? Or does the ball not touch?

Yep they are all moulded and turned in.

Not too sure what you mean about light stalks? Do you mean the front light covers, if so it only sticks out about 2mm so just needs to be blunted.

Thanks all for feedback all helpful!

gavin174 - 31/8/14 at 08:27 AM

Is rear fog light 90 degree to the road and "f" marked....

nice looking build.....

[Edited on 31/8/14 by gavin174]

killerferret666 - 31/8/14 at 08:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gavin174
Is rear fog light 90 degree to the road and "f" marked....

nice looking build.....

[Edited on 31/8/14 by gavin174]

Yep learnt that off someone else's pre IVA Photos, so all good on that one and it is F marked as well.

thanks