Board logo

Rain Hood
imull - 26/4/05 at 10:41 PM

Anyone know if anyone makes a rain hood/woterproof cabin for 7 style cars?

Very tempted to buy one as the plan of building one will have to wait. Unless I can get hold of one then I suspect it might also have to wait until I can afford a play car to go alongsidet he rally cars

cheers

zilspeed - 27/4/05 at 07:57 AM

Firstly

Jill Judd's Website - she is the hood Meistress.

Secondly - Oohh, Clan Crusader. I likey. A friend has a blackbird powered car and I still have very fond memories of Stan 'the clan' share racing the old Johny Blades / Kenny Allen lightweight car. The grp on the roof and floor were so light that they were transparent enought to let light shine through.

longwayoff - 27/4/05 at 01:28 PM

The best hood I have seen is the one on Derek Manders car he is part of this group his email is derek.manders@virgin.net he had it custom built by a man who makes boat canopies so he knows all about water and keeping it out. I seem to recall that although this was a one off and made to measure it did not cost the earth.

Contact Derek A really nice guy, he loves a chat about Locosts and will gladly tell you all about his hood

imull - 27/4/05 at 09:08 PM

ta very muchly folks. Will get in touch with them over the next few days. Rains too much here to not have one ~ there has to be some sort of public decency law about driving in a wetsuit lol

When finished the Clan will be a bit of a monster. Currently building itno a very highly developed lightweight (though not that light) shell with works spec mechanicals.

Hopefully to be seen on a road rally and Tour of Mull in the near future