Board logo

Donkervoort's new door concept
Mave - 30/9/05 at 04:11 PM

Hmmm, I'm not too sure whether I like it. Would be good with "hard-top panels" fitted, but without it I think it looks weird.

Anyway, I think it is just some kind of graduation project from someone.

rayward - 30/9/05 at 04:20 PM

Like it...........

Ray

nick205 - 30/9/05 at 04:38 PM

me too

looks muchos £££££££ though

subk2002 - 30/9/05 at 04:56 PM

Like it to

dave1888 - 30/9/05 at 05:01 PM

not very keen on the backend

RazMan - 30/9/05 at 05:15 PM

I really like it I think it takes the Seven design another stage into development and long overdue.

p.s. Surely the doors are just a crude gull wing affair - some more work is needed there IMHO. Did anyone notice that the driver gets a glass window but the passenger gets canvas?

[Edited on 30-9-05 by RazMan]

rayward - 30/9/05 at 05:20 PM

I can see a locost version coming on...

Ray

jestre - 30/9/05 at 09:16 PM

that looks quite simple to build actually....hmmmm....

Dale - 30/9/05 at 09:29 PM

They certainly have brought the seven into the supercar look . looks heavy at the rear but the front ducting or whatever they are doing there is ahhh interesting. Maybe a nice place to put your intercoolers.
With side doors/screens is there any room for your elbow?
Maybe some tinted lexan for the side screens- It does look good though.
Dale

Petemate - 30/9/05 at 10:26 PM

Hi All
While at the recent Dax open day, I came across this nice Rush with interesting features. The doors and light pods were made by the owner. GRP doors moulded; door top rails ally extrusions shaped, edges removed & polished, and the light pods started off as Tupperware containers. Just shows what can be done - Locost Dax!!!
Pete Rescued attachment MVC-719F.JPG
Rescued attachment MVC-719F.JPG

Petemate - 30/9/05 at 10:27 PM

and another Rescued attachment MVC-720F.JPG
Rescued attachment MVC-720F.JPG

Petemate - 30/9/05 at 10:27 PM

last one - good, eh?

[Edited on 30/9/05 by Petemate] Rescued attachment MVC-721F.JPG
Rescued attachment MVC-721F.JPG

Danozeman - 1/10/05 at 09:50 AM

Them light pods are cool. Ill have to find me some tupawear stuff

derf - 1/10/05 at 01:27 PM

I can agree that the car is sweet, I'm not sure about the front end, but donkevoorts placement of the oil coolers in side pods is a great idea for those builders lacking engine bay space, or those who want to put a little weight on the off side to off set the drivers weight.

The doors are something I would definatly like to try when the time comes.

tks - 1/10/05 at 01:39 PM

wy did nowbody said something about the window shape?

its deffenitly more anno 2005 then the common one...

i like the shap of it!

Tks

Chris_R - 1/10/05 at 05:24 PM

bello ruedas! We like

Rorty - 2/10/05 at 05:59 AM

I like the overall look of the whole thing; it actually makes the seven look like a proper car. The rear end and arches would look better as a one-piece smoothed out jobbie.
I have my doubts about the reliability of the doors though. They seem to be hinged on just a bolt and there don't appear to be any seals.
If there were two of those doors fitted, the passenger and driver would have to enter and alight at different times because the doors would clash!