Board logo

Number or Not
kitcar007kev - 18/5/06 at 08:25 PM

Well Yes or No Rescued attachment car 0011.gif
Rescued attachment car 0011.gif

graememk - 18/5/06 at 08:29 PM

nope

nitram38 - 18/5/06 at 08:30 PM

Numbers are not road legal in this case.
If you do run with it, you will need to put a cross through it. Most people use insulation tape.

Marcus - 18/5/06 at 08:31 PM

Personally, not.

Marcus

kitcar007kev - 18/5/06 at 08:36 PM

Decals Going Cheep!!

Wasnt sure if looked right.

GEORGE80 - 18/5/06 at 08:46 PM

personally think it looks great with out the num

ch1ll1 - 18/5/06 at 08:48 PM

nah no number!

pjavon - 18/5/06 at 08:58 PM

i've got numbers on my nose cone, but only to try and hide the cracks from were i nudged the tyre wall at anglesey circuit.
didn't think they looked right to start with, but they did grow on me

SeaBass - 18/5/06 at 09:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nitram38
Numbers are not road legal in this case.
If you do run with it, you will need to put a cross through it. Most people use insulation tape.

Can you clarify your statement here?? I was unaware that numbers were not legal... Why not?

Cheers

tim windmill - 18/5/06 at 09:23 PM

nope for defo

Humbug - 18/5/06 at 09:36 PM

Not

IMHO

NigeEss - 18/5/06 at 09:55 PM

Leave 'em off mate.

Fozzie - 18/5/06 at 10:21 PM

No, race numbers are definately NOT legal on a car used on the road, unless (as previously said) they are crossed through with tape!

Fozzie

omega 24 v6 - 18/5/06 at 11:56 PM

quote:

No, race numbers are definately NOT legal on a car used on the road, unless (as previously said) they are crossed through with tape!

So presumeably(sp) every rally car can be nicked between stages. The welsh plod will love that come rally GB

Liam - 19/5/06 at 12:08 AM

What about all them new beetles with the herbie decals? Seen a few of them around...

Liam

Marcus - 19/5/06 at 08:11 AM

quote:

So presumeably(sp) every rally car can be nicked between stages. The welsh plod will love that come rally GB

No because they are taking part in a recognised competition. As soon as the rally is over, numbers have to be removed, or crossed out. If not, and the competitor gets spotted, they can have their comp licence taken off them. Road rally competitors are not allowed large numbers on their cars - it's seen as road racing by plod if they do - which is obviously illegal.

Marcus

gingerprince - 19/5/06 at 08:22 AM

I didn't think it was illegal to have a number on your car.

I thought the thing was that if you are a competitor, eg sprinter then you shouldn't have your race number on your car on the road and you can get kicked out of the MSA or whoever.

But if you're not a competitor then it doesn't matter?

Hellfire - 19/5/06 at 11:39 AM

So whats the difference between a race number and an ordinary number? Colour, background, shape, size?

I'll go with Ginger on this one.......

andyps - 19/5/06 at 12:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gingerprince
I didn't think it was illegal to have a number on your car.

I thought the thing was that if you are a competitor, eg sprinter then you shouldn't have your race number on your car on the road and you can get kicked out of the MSA or whoever.

But if you're not a competitor then it doesn't matter?

As far as I know this is the correct explanation - they are road legal, but the MSA do not allow you to use a car on teh road with race numbers fitted, and would presumably penalise you through the licence system if found to do so.

DunkerT - 19/5/06 at 02:45 PM

I'd go without the number anway, looks much better without.

DarrenW - 19/5/06 at 02:52 PM

The whole point of a se7en is to be original and different. Go with your instincts. i wouldnt put them on but that doesnt mean you cant.

scotty g - 19/5/06 at 03:51 PM

I'm not too keen on the number but i do quite like the big white circle around it.
Ishn't that veird?

cossey - 19/5/06 at 06:01 PM

loads of cars have competition style numbers on them and iver never seen plod care. (think of all the estate agents minis round london with numbers on them)

SeaBass - 19/5/06 at 07:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie

Fozzie

Again no facts to justify your statement...

Avoneer - 20/5/06 at 09:31 PM

Hi,

Personally, I really like the look with the number.

I'm gonna have a number on each side on my ali panels in a round circle and won't be putting a cross though them either.

See if your other half likes them as women are often good with asthetics.

Just my opinion of course.

Pat...

Peteff - 20/5/06 at 11:04 PM

What other shape circle is there?

Avoneer - 20/5/06 at 11:23 PM

P off

Pat

omega 24 v6 - 21/5/06 at 09:53 AM

quote:

MAGIC

SeaBass - 21/5/06 at 11:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Peteff

Vicious??

Peteff - 21/5/06 at 02:19 PM

You're just quoting adjectives that go with circle now put the number on the car in a magic circle and watch it disappear.