Board logo

Hood fitting
Sheepy - 16/4/03 at 10:00 AM

Hi,
I've just bought my car (cheated but have got dirty hands from building plenty of trikes!), its got an RAC roll bar and a hood that now won't fit. It will just about fit over the back of the car and bar but is now 1-2" short of the windscreen. Can anybody suggest any places that will undertake this modification / extension or any ideas on how to do it neatly myself.
Thanks Gaz

James - 16/4/03 at 01:34 PM

Somewhere that does the covers for boats maybe?

Also, if you're willing to wait then I believe that the new Ron Champion book (not sure when it's out) will contain info about doing you're own tonneau cover.

HTH,

James

Alan B - 16/4/03 at 02:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by James
.....Also, if you're willing to wait then I believe that the new Ron Champion book (not sure when it's out) will contain info about doing you're own tonneau cover........

For about 50p no doubt...

kingr - 16/4/03 at 03:12 PM

Yeah, probably re-using the fabric from about 5 prams, getting the cotton by unpicking it from a load of old trousers and using welding wire for a needle!

Kingr

Alan B - 16/4/03 at 03:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kingr
Yeah, probably re-using the fabric from about 5 prams, getting the cotton by unpicking it from a load of old trousers and using welding wire for a needle!

Kingr

You ARE Ron...aren't you?....

stephen_gusterson - 16/4/03 at 10:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Alan B
quote:
Originally posted by kingr

Kingr

You ARE Ron...aren't you?....

kingr = king ron????

what about a local upholsterer? also im pretty sure 'classic car' mags have this kinda thing in the ads section.

atb

steve