Board logo

who in the UK makes a wider/taller nosecone?
interestedparty - 15/5/02 at 03:53 PM

I've been looking at Jim's (Mcsorley) web site and in particular at his CAD drawings of enlarged chassis, the 442 (4" longer, 4" wider and 2" higher) He's modified it now to take a standard width nosecone but it would suit my purposes better to use his previous, slightly wider front end. Does anyone know who in the UK makes or could make a fibreglass nosecone to suit the taller and wider front end?

Simon Mc - 15/5/02 at 10:24 PM

See his reply to me in the chassis section..

interestedparty - 16/5/02 at 06:42 AM

What I actually need to know is who makes a wider and taller nosecone, I don't do glass fibre stuff myself. Anyone know of anybody, in the UK?
John

Dunc - 16/5/02 at 08:28 AM

If I tell you I'll need to charge a consultancy fee or get a share of your profit at least, . Seriously, does anyone know the width of Dax or RH nosecones, they seem a little wider than the standard. Failing that it would take much to cut a nosecone in have a widen it, then use that to create the mold, assuming your making more than 1.

interestedparty - 16/5/02 at 08:13 PM

The thing is, I don't do fibreglass stuff! I hate the smell and whenever I've tried to do it it all goes wrong. I realise I will have to get someone else to do it, so naturally I wonder if there is anyone who is already doing fibreglass and ideally Locost stuff and is able and willing to modify an existing design.
John

Big John - 17/5/02 at 07:29 PM

Lolocost at lolocost.com do a 2" wider nose. Unfortunately for me they don't ship outside the UK. Check them out!

interestedparty - 17/5/02 at 08:12 PM

Good tip, thanks John. I reckon one of their's should do it
John

Nick Davison - 19/6/02 at 01:12 PM

I do!
Or at least I am in the process of making one. I have a plug made, 2" taller and 4" wider! The mould should be made soon after I have done some other bits.
Mine is for a standard Locost chassis but has a Lancia Turbo to fit into it so I need loads of room and fresh air for the intercooler etc. If you can wait a few weeks I should have one made. It was always my intention to make one or two just to cover my costs.

interestedparty - 19/6/02 at 01:33 PM

Sounds good to me, whereabouts are you? Let me know when you are ready to go ahead

John
based near Swindon