Board logo

Spraying.....
stevebubs - 8/4/07 at 07:01 PM

Ebay Item 200089892660

Comments on suitability for spraying a car?

rayward - 8/4/07 at 07:03 PM

looks ok, but thats just the mask, you would still need filtration components aswell.

Ray

blakep82 - 8/4/07 at 07:11 PM

and an air regualtor, unless you want the full pressure of you compressor blasted in your face

stevebubs - 8/4/07 at 07:16 PM

Got a few regulators around...any special filter required?

davie h - 9/4/07 at 12:00 AM

dont have the compressor in the same place as you are painting or you will just be breathing in contaminated air if the compressor is in a clean enviroment i dont think you would need any special filter although i may be wrong

stevebubs - 9/4/07 at 01:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by davie h
dont have the compressor in the same place as you are painting or you will just be breathing in contaminated air if the compressor is in a clean enviroment i dont think you would need any special filter although i may be wrong

Guessing I'm gonna need something to filter contaminants from the tank / pump.

Would run 2 compressors - 1 located in "fresh air" and providing air to the mask. The second would be located closer and would have the sole task of running the gun.

turbodisplay - 9/4/07 at 08:06 AM

Isn`t the air from a compressor dirty (even with an inline filter)?

What do you think of the double face respirators with cartridges?

Darren

miniconverter - 9/4/07 at 09:00 AM

You must use a filter even if the compressor is taking in clean air.
You can also only use certain types of oil in the compressor.

Go and get advise from a refinishing supplier other wise you might as well just breath the paint fums in

Peteff - 9/4/07 at 10:29 AM

Disposable mask . I get them from a local supplier, just use them then get a new one. You can't smell the paint you are using while wearing one.

nige - 10/4/07 at 09:52 AM

i second what peteff says
ive just sprayed my panels over easter
and used a similar mask excellent fit
not taste and no coloured snot

stevebubs - 10/4/07 at 11:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
Disposable mask . I get them from a local supplier, just use them then get a new one. You can't smell the paint you are using while wearing one.

Ok..but what types of paint are/are not safe to use with this?

Presuming 2Pack is probably not?

Peteff - 10/4/07 at 07:54 PM

2 pack isocyanate shouldn't be used anywhere without a full filtration system. I use the 3m mask with cellulose or synthetic enamel no problem. 2 pack polyurethane or isocyanate free acrylic should be safe but it's up to you to decide what you want to use.