Board logo

F1 Replica (Ferrari?) talked about last year?
gulf zxr - 20/4/07 at 12:00 PM

I seem to remember that there was a post about an F1 replica on here, probably made in the Far East, can anyone remember the thread? I dont think it was roadworthy just a full size model? Thanks

Mr Whippy - 20/4/07 at 12:19 PM

yip I posted it, I'll have a look...one mo

Mr Whippy - 20/4/07 at 12:25 PM

like a needle in a haystack but found it, sorry it was a stupid title

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=59848

so that's how much it was.

quote:
Sent them an Email as you do.

Full Size F1 car is $24,000 USD I think plus shipping.

Takes 3 months if you want one . . . .

quote:

[Edited on 20/4/07 by Mr Whippy]

gulf zxr - 20/4/07 at 03:08 PM

Hi Mr Whippy,

Thanks for digging that out, I have this dream of building an F1 car for the road, obviously not using the F1 engine or wheels but all other bodywork etc but at £13k + shipping this will not be through them....

[Edited on 20/4/07 by gulf zxr]

russbost - 20/4/07 at 04:05 PM

EEErrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmm .........
www.furorecars.co.uk
I will do you anything from a nut & bolt to a full kit

gulf zxr - 20/4/07 at 06:48 PM

Hi Russ, I think your Furour is great but I want one using genuine F1 body work or at least one that has fibreglass from the original carbon fibre moulds. I would then just fabricate my own chassis to suit and then use a large motorcycle engine.

russbost - 20/4/07 at 10:52 PM

Don't want to rain on your parade, but unless you know exactly the right people, or are the luckiest guy on the planet, I can't see how on earth you would get original moulds and get change out of £13k (more like £130k!!!), my bodywork is the closest that I'm aware of to current F1, you have looked at the new bodywork on the website I take it not the slab sided stuff of the original car in my avatar, & is likely to cost in the region of £2500. What I'm intending for the new car is a basic set of bodywork which is generally "F1 like" & then a whole range of different wings & add on aerofoils & cosmetic aero parts so a car can be "dressed up" to look like a particular teams car. TBH I think you would do better to start with a chassis & make bodywork which is to your liking around it rather than starting with a body & trying to make a chassis fit within it. Believe me I've tried this route & it is a packaging nightmare. Good luck with whatever you do, I hope you can achieve what you want & look forward to seeing the outcome. If I can be of any assistance just give me a shout.
Cheers Russ