Board logo

Wiper fitment identification ?
bob - 6/6/08 at 02:53 PM

Can anyone identify the fitment on these wiper blades in the premier wiring link below ?

premier link

At the moment i buy 10" flat blades with the lucas fitting from premier then cut them down to 8" a bit like the advert in the link, i just wondered what the fitment was in the 7 and 8" blades they sell.

BenB - 6/6/08 at 02:57 PM

Bizarre! It's not a standard blade or spoon fitting....

bob - 6/6/08 at 03:04 PM

Yes its a strange fittment, i dont mind cutting down the 10" blades but it would make it easier if i could just fit a stock 7 or 8" blade which can be hard to find.

britishtrident - 6/6/08 at 04:21 PM

An old style standard slot & rubber peg fitting often used on Wipac vacumm driven wipers.
Sometimes found on boats.

I think it last used on the old Ford 93e Popular/Anglia.

This link may help
http://www.completeautomobilist.com/parts/windscreen%20wiper%20motor%20arm%20and%20blade/wiper+blade/

rusty nuts - 6/6/08 at 05:31 PM

Easy to cut down the 10" items that have standard fittings

BenB - 6/6/08 at 06:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bob
Yes its a strange fittment, i dont mind cutting down the 10" blades but it would make it easier if i could just fit a stock 7 or 8" blade which can be hard to find.

Have you tried going to Tex auto.
They make many lengths and sell them direct....

bob - 6/6/08 at 09:11 PM

As usual BT is the ofnt of knowledge, many thanks for the link.

Thanks also to ben for the tex auto tip.

I'll probably keep as i am as rusty said its easy to chop the 10" version, nice to know of some alterantive options.

BT you need to sort your avatar as its just a red cross at the moment

tks - 7/6/08 at 11:17 AM

mhhh

i was at one stage in my build in a Bosch car service dealer and they just had a roll of wiperblade rubber.

They would cut it to lenght and just replace only the rubber on the wiper...

if you have in the uk a bosch car service then you could ask if they have....and costs offcourse..

Tks