Board logo

new website
marc n - 28/1/06 at 08:07 PM

hi all just a quick note the new website ( very kindly designed by roger bacon and looks great ) will be online end of next week, with all the updates on kits and components as 90 % of the current website is out of date or incorrect including most pictures

in another 4 weeks the new online store will open enabling credit card transactions, and once again we will be able to supply book components and many other locost parts including dedion rear beam assemblies

This is all possible due to continued investment in new machinery and staff at mnr

best regards

marc

JoelP - 28/1/06 at 08:30 PM

excellent news marc. Hows the work load looking at the min? Theres still a couple of things i could use, primarily a roll bar.

Iggy - 28/1/06 at 09:20 PM

Thanks for replying to my email Marc, will wait for the new website to come online and hopefully arrange a visit to see the car. Just sold my Civic Type R, so I hope to be up there very soon!

RichieC - 28/1/06 at 11:15 PM

Thats great news Marc, top job Rog

Richie

JoaoCaldeira - 31/1/06 at 04:31 PM

Nice look and feel!

Joao Caldeira

Winston Todge - 31/1/06 at 07:52 PM

Great news!

Always thought the website could do with a little updating...

I think the biggest big up, should go out to Rog though! Well done mate. Good to know there's always people around doing good deeds.

Just got back from my brother's house where I'm putting the finishing touches to (his) my () garage. Just fitted two dead locks to the back door and finished the weather sealing. So all I've got left to do is fit the alarm and ceiling insulation (I like a toastie garage!) and then seal the floor!

Might actually start building next week! Woohooo!

Chris.

Dillinger1977 - 31/1/06 at 11:22 PM

thanks for the comments chaps

now that its (nearly) done and dusted i can finally get back to working on the car

cheers!

JoaoCaldeira - 1/2/06 at 08:23 AM

There is only one thing that makes hard reading: Capital Letters All The Time.
I think that regular text is more readable.

Joao Caldeira

JoelP - 1/2/06 at 08:30 AM

no prices show up when i look at it, like my screen is too small, but theres no scroll bar.

Dillinger1977 - 1/2/06 at 09:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by JoaoCaldeira
There is only one thing that makes hard reading: Capital Letters All The Time.
I think that regular text is more readable.

Joao Caldeira

lol, thats marc's doing!
i went through the old content taking the capitals off every word (drove me mad) and he's snuck a few back in.

joel: what screen res do you have? i'd say 1024*768 is bare minimum these days. 800*600 should work but wont be pretty, and it should still scroll so you can see everything.
i noticed that the prices have been taken off a lot of the pages, im guessing they are working on putting new ones in as the old ones were out of date.

JoaoCaldeira - 1/2/06 at 12:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dillinger1977

i went through the old content taking the capitals off every word (drove me mad) and he's snuck a few back in.

Just copy -> paste to word and use convert features

Joao

JoelP - 1/2/06 at 08:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dillinger1977
joel: what screen res do you have? i'd say 1024*768 is bare minimum these days. 800*600 should work but wont be pretty, and it should still scroll so you can see everything.
i noticed that the prices have been taken off a lot of the pages, im guessing they are working on putting new ones in as the old ones were out of date.

ive got it on 1024x768, so i guess its just that the prices arent there! I found a few, but most pages have empty columns. Great site by the way

Iggy - 1/2/06 at 09:51 PM

Are there any plans for a media section with owners video's available to download?
The website is looking smart by the way

Daft Lad Picko - 2/2/06 at 09:25 PM

A tad better than the website of old. Well done Rog!

JoaoCaldeira - 3/2/06 at 09:17 AM

There are 2 different prices for the same item - VortX starter kit

Joao

marc n - 3/2/06 at 10:02 AM

still trying to update it inbetween everything else so lots of it still wrong at the moment,

best regards

marc

G.Man - 3/2/06 at 11:03 AM

New site looks the nuts, I know marc had a good amateur attempt, but this has a much more polished professional feel and can only help future sales..

olv - 3/2/06 at 12:15 PM

really like the new design. navigation on the old site was a bit poor, this is much better

mnr laptop - 5/2/06 at 10:48 PM

well im 90% done probably another 100 parts to do then add all the prices and detail pics of the kit contents, and update some of the component pics, its taken me all weekend to get this far !!!!

like the idea of a video section will have to see how much web space we have

if any owners who frequent the forums have any car pics they would like putting in the owners section let me know, still trying to get some pictures from other owners / builders most of whom dont come on this forum

NS Dev - 6/2/06 at 08:02 AM

New website......best ave a look then!

Thought the old one was pretty damn good!!!

I don't really do the flash website thing, like ones that tell you what you need to know!!

Guess this will do that!

NS Dev - 6/2/06 at 08:25 AM

Once again MNR kicks competitor's ass!!!

BKLOCO - 8/2/06 at 12:57 PM

Are all MNR builders Sycophants?
It's just a bloody web site for fcuks sake.

smart51 - 8/2/06 at 02:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BKLOCO
Are all MNR builders Sycophants

You'll find that NSDev is not an MNR builder.

NS Dev - 8/2/06 at 11:48 PM

Quite right! Building something book-ish using ST chassis, bodywork (mostly!) and bones etc but with a fair few home-brewed bits as well.

Any "sycophancy" is merely thinly disguised advertising which I feel strangely compelled to do when I receive outstanding service from somewhere/somebody.

If you really want me in over the top mode do a search for GB Engineering!!!

NS Dev - 8/2/06 at 11:51 PM

And hang on a bleedin' minute!!!

Most of us on here buy a lot of bits at least partially using websites, so no, it's not "just a website", it's one of MNR's primary customer contact points, so yep, it's pretty bleedin important.

Other reason that I take an interest in things on here in terms of fledgling companies is that my mate runs an "older" and more established company which you may have heard of (Ultima Sports) so I know how flipping hard work it is!

G.Man - 9/2/06 at 12:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BKLOCO
Are all MNR builders Sycophants?
It's just a bloody web site for fcuks sake.

And why do so many non-mnr customers look to criticise???

Jon Ison - 9/2/06 at 12:23 AM

"Are all MNR builders Sycophants?
It's just a bloody web site for fcuks sake."

some nice stuff on it though........

DarrenW - 10/2/06 at 10:46 AM

What the f*ck is a sycophant thingy any way.

Bloody good website i say. Well done.

NS Dev - 10/2/06 at 10:51 AM

somebody who sucks up all the time is a sycophant.

Richard Y - 12/2/06 at 12:29 PM

well i think its much better than the old one which was difficult to figure out lol

just looking forward to seeing the modular kit prices

I been after one for what seems like ages, start my new job in 15 days lol we cleaned out the garage yesterday got new carpet in hehe, all seems like all the suns and moons are aligning haha fingures crossed the money starts in, and i can order mine soon!

flak monkey - 17/2/06 at 04:11 PM

Being a bit slow on these things, I have only just noticed the new site!

Looking snazzy, clear and concise. Nicely done.

But when are the prices coming back??

David

Peteff - 17/2/06 at 05:24 PM

I think you'll find that's a Hoover I had a sprocket adaptor off them and it was the best one I've ever seen

[Edited on 17/2/06 by Peteff]

Winston Todge - 22/3/06 at 12:30 PM

You certainly like stirring up threads dontcha Calvin?

marc n - 22/3/06 at 12:54 PM

quote:

Maybe if prices are put back up, the site might not seem so attractive then.

quote:

At the top the radiator is priced at £68.00, I can get the exact same thing retail (NO trade discount) for £38.00 from the local factors and with and with a trade discount (which MNR will get as a trader too) quite a bit less. I wont type the trade price to save MNR any further embarassment.

looks like we need to change supplier then as we make £9 pounds on a rad !!!

not that i need to explain myself to you !!!

do you actually come on this website for any other reason than to wind people up, so far from the posts i have seen from you have been Derogatory, rude, and unpleasant and not so long ago very personal to people who come on here to help and advise others rather than upset people

WHY !!!!

[Edited on 22/3/06 by marc n]

chockymonster - 22/3/06 at 03:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CaLviNx
Hi

facts are facts, if you dont like that then not my fault is it.

And if making people aware that they are not getting that good a deal on things is stirring things up then so be it, I wasnt put on this earth with an inane need to be liked by anyone.

EDIT

I say it how i see it, I could go on to explain about my assistance to many but as you say I have no need to explain myself to you.
[Edited on 22/3/06 by CaLviNx]

Calvin,

You may well help others but from my limited time on the forum to date the recurring theme I see in your posts is blatant antagonism and those posts where you do help are written in a condescending "I know best" style.

You may not care if you're liked, which is pretty blatant from your posting style, but you are doing a fantastic job of alienating people that do try to help.

If I went over to a certain other manufacturers section and posted what you did I would be labled as a basher and end up being called an anchor. Maybe you should take a look at your posting style and not try so hard to be disliked?