Board logo

MNR News
marc n - 7/3/08 at 07:45 AM

Hi all
Appologies to all for our internet problems in the last couple of weeks it appears to be now fixed ( been a combination of bt and bt yahoo ) as some of you will have noticed i am in the process of updating our website and build manuals, it wont be complete till the end of next week ( so you may notice the website has pages missing or incorrect in the meantime )
Havent had much time to visit here of late as
we have also been busy in the following areas

New Developments:-

mazda single donor car
We have produced our first mazda single donor cars which is currently being built by dave wright ( who posts on here as fence wrecker )

S2000 Vortx Demo Car
we are currently building a batch of Four s2000 powered vortx 's which includes one for us as a demo car

LMP Car
The first lmp is nearing completion, fitted with a zx14r motor and chaindrive modular back end, i hope to get some picture on our website in the next two weeks

We have also invested in another cnc lathe after the sucess of running the first one, and with further investment in cnc milling machines before the end of the year. we will be able to produce every single part of the car in house giving us much greater control.

Best Regards

marc

nick205 - 7/3/08 at 10:25 AM

busy boy then!

Nice to see success and investment in UK manufacturing

finlay - 7/3/08 at 10:42 AM

good stuff

S2000 will be awsome

Kriss - 7/3/08 at 10:57 AM

best of luck ith it all MArc, I admire your dedication to what is a fairly new scene to me.

regards

worX - 7/3/08 at 11:21 AM

Sounds good Marc!

Steve

sucksqueezebangblow - 7/3/08 at 11:37 AM

Fantastic news!

Glad to see you gave Fencewrecker a full cage given his propensity to test the decelerative effects of boundary fencing!

I hear the farmers around Mirfield have taken to putting up catch fencing and tyre walls!

Joking aside, Fencewrecker and his good lady wife are to be congratulated on becoming parents for the second time, to a baby girl!

Fencewrecker - 7/3/08 at 01:27 PM

Brilliant news from Marc, my build has stalled this week due to baby Emma arriving, but should be back in the garage shortly. Then will post some pictures (of the car).

Sucksqueezebangblow, you sarky b*****.

Dave

bassett - 7/3/08 at 02:21 PM

Thats great news Marc. Cant wait to see that LMP car up and running, i remember seeing it back in september looking rather sorry for itself.
Adam

StevieB - 7/3/08 at 05:57 PM

Good to see things are moving along nicely - it's a refreshing change to see a manufacturer who constantly strives to improve their products and equipment.

I've bought a few bits and bobs for the completion of my MK from you guys and was very impressed with your setup last summer. Definately topping my list for the next car.

What sort of build cost would the S2000 involve?

Krismc - 7/3/08 at 09:13 PM

driving my 2.0 Vtec type r is fast enough with 200bhp, never mind in a vortx with 242bhp (s2000 power i belive)

shall be fun!!!

JoelP - 7/3/08 at 09:24 PM

congrats marc and best of luck. You must be one seriously busy guy! Dont forget to spend some time with the missus!

RogerL - 10/3/08 at 05:31 AM

Hi Krismc:
I would like to see more pics of your finished car. My car is similar to yours with the Zetec engine and RT+. I think your dash is similiar
to what I have planed.
How about a video with sound? I need to decide what muffler to use.

RogerL - 10/3/08 at 05:39 AM

Looks like Marc has been busy over the winter.
The S2000 should be quite a competitor for the 2.3L Duratec cars. This is a big engine. Interested how it fits in the car.
This could be a winner in the US where they love big engines and power.
Incredible how MNR keeps coming up with new and better cars.
Good luck and keep up the good work.

Krismc - 11/3/08 at 03:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RogerL
Hi Krismc:
I would like to see more pics of your finished car. My car is similar to yours with the Zetec engine and RT+. I think your dash is similiar
to what I have planed.
How about a video with sound? I need to decide what muffler to use.

i can do that for you as soon as i see my car finished myself, its away for SVA at present, when its back ill take some videos!