Board logo

Injector Testing
andylancaster3000 - 6/1/12 at 04:13 PM

On the hunt for somewhere I can send or take my injectors to have them tested - does anyone know where I can get this done? I'm just looking for a quick operation, flow rate and spray pattern test. I'm not keen to spend £20 a pop for them to be refurbed.

Any ideas appreciated!

Chippy - 6/1/12 at 04:19 PM

I had my V6 ones done at a place in Portsmouth, charged me £50, (cash), for the six. Don't know if thats a bit far for you, but will sort out the name of the place if you are interested. HTH Ray

Myke 2463 - 6/1/12 at 04:48 PM

The Engine Tuning Shop on ebay £12.50 each p+p £6.00 excellent service.

mark chandler - 6/1/12 at 06:25 PM

Do it yourself.

Flow rate is simple how long they take to fill up a jar.

Spray pattern is look at the shape when they are filling up a jar.

Just use an EFI fuel pump with a regulator and trigger the the injectors with a 12v transformer with 1 diode to regulate the supply, gives you 50hz pulse with 50% opening, job done.

When I did mine the patterns were rubbish so sent paint thinners through them on this rig, after a couple of minutes they all came good, you could also use injector cleaner of course.

Regards Mark

andylancaster3000 - 6/1/12 at 07:32 PM

^ I have considered this.

Not wishing to dismantle all of the fuel system on the car - what is the easiest (cheapest!) way to get a regulated fuel supply? I seem to remember some golf GTI fuel pumps and bike pumps have pumps and integral regulators but not keen on using a submerged system...

[Edited on 6/1/12 by andylancaster3000]