Board logo

Wiring Golf rotary headlights switch - possible?
rb968 - 13/2/09 at 02:07 PM

I was thinking of going for a rotary headlight/sidelight switch and keeping just the Sierra stalk for indicators and main beam/flash. Is it easy enough to wire up something like this from a Golf?
Does it need some weird connector or relay or even better has anyone done this before and might have a handy diagram ?

Cheers

Rich

nick205 - 13/2/09 at 02:14 PM

Should be easy enough to do. Best to get one from scrappy and retrieve some of the loom from behind so you get the connector etc.

It's only a set of switch contacts so you should be able to buzz it out with a multimeter or get a Haynes manual wiring diagram perhaps.

Pdlewis - 13/2/09 at 02:16 PM

I have one out of a mondeo wired up was very easy.

Just a case of using a multi meter and going a pin at a time ti see which circuits are open when the switch is at different positions

rb968 - 13/2/09 at 02:31 PM

OK cheers, spotted one on the bay so will give it a go. Will be back with more questions no doubt !!!

badding - 13/2/09 at 04:19 PM

I have done that, be sure to get the connector with that..that costs almost the same as the switch itself...works very good, on the bad side it's not waterproof..but ok for the SVA
I will see if a have a diagram from that laying around, it took me quite some time and blown fuses to figur everything out.

[Edited on 13/2/09 by badding]

nitram38 - 13/2/09 at 06:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by badding
I have done that, be sure to get the connector with that..that costs almost the same as the switch itself...works very good, on the bad side it's not waterproof..but ok for the SVA
I will see if a have a diagram from that laying around, it took me quite some time and blown fuses to figur everything out.

[Edited on 13/2/09 by badding]

That's what a multimeter is designed for!