Board logo

Hi-cost of Lights
Berticus - 5/3/04 at 02:14 PM

I've done a spreadsheet of all my planned build costs and one of the biggest single items is the lights. Luego sell a complete set for £246 + vat. Does this seem excessive, or is this the norm?

Its a similar story with the instruments (£319 at Luego for a comprehensive set).

Thanks,
Rob

Kitlooney1000 - 5/3/04 at 02:18 PM

light set from lolocost £110 + vat, not brilliant but ok.

Berticus - 5/3/04 at 02:25 PM

That sounds more reasonable. I'm not too worried about looks cos I'm planning to race my car rather that pose in it

Berticus - 5/3/04 at 02:25 PM

Whoops - forgot to ask - do you have a web address for lolocost?

Kitlooney1000 - 5/3/04 at 02:39 PM

http://www.lolocost.com

you will need to order seperate side lights, as the main lights dont have any

[Edited on 5/3/04 by Kitlooney1000]

Berticus - 5/3/04 at 03:15 PM

Thanks - thats great

Peteff - 5/3/04 at 08:29 PM

Black plastic with sidelights from svc £25, trailer rear lights £16, rear hazard and reverse(not compulsory) £2 each at Newark show and a pair of bike indicators for the front £10 from local breaker. Side repeaters from donor car I reckon £53 in all if you don't want posing value.

yours, Pete.

Findlay234 - 8/3/04 at 06:29 PM

ill admit that the luego ones seem high but they are the highest quality you can buy in the kit car world, i researched into buying the luego set of lights seperatly from the respective manufacturers and the price came out about the same, you just have the hassle of sourceing them yourself. If you dont want the best and only want a cheap alternative then dont buy it. I went half way bought high quality headlights, indecators and side repeators. the rear lights are just going to be old land rover items or such like.

Berticus - 9/3/04 at 04:37 PM

I agree. If they're good quality then they're worth the extra if you're building a road car. I don't think looks are as important for a racer though.

Donners90 - 9/3/04 at 05:15 PM

Luego get their guages from ETB Instruments. You can get them cheaper direct from ETB. Have a look at http://www.etbinstruments.com/

Not sure where you are but ETB are based in South Essex.

Hope this helps
James