Board logo

Side light indication
speedyxjs - 27/3/10 at 07:09 PM

I currently have a toggle switch (in radius exception area) for the lights but i dont have any indication for the side lights. Do you think it would be ok to use one of the toggle switches with an led on it for the indication? I dont really fancy cutting into my dash now that it is all mounted and finished. Would be much easier to just change the switch.

Breaker - 27/3/10 at 08:55 PM

What do you mean with side lights ?
Is this the same as "parking lights" ?

Because parking lights are optional and tell-tale for them are also optional.

iank - 27/3/10 at 09:04 PM

Do your instruments have a backlight that switches on/off? IIRC backlights are enough for the sidelight telltale requirement.

speedyxjs - 28/3/10 at 08:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by iank
Do your instruments have a backlight that switches on/off? IIRC backlights are enough for the sidelight telltale requirement.

The backlight comes on with the ignition.

Breaker - I think they are the same as parking lights but im sure the manual says they are compulsory and you need an indication.

Breaker - 28/3/10 at 09:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs
quote:

Breaker - I think they are the same as parking lights but im sure the manual says they are compulsory and you need an indication.

Strange, my IVA manual says (chapter 30):

"Optional on Motor Vehicles not exceeding 6m in length and 2m in width
Prohibited on other vehicles"

and

"A closed circuit tell-tail for the parking lamps is optional. However, if a tell tail is fitted it must not be possible to confuse it with the tell-tale for the front and rear position lamps"

speedyxjs - 29/3/10 at 09:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Breaker
quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs
quote:

Strange, my IVA manual says (chapter 30):

"Optional on Motor Vehicles not exceeding 6m in length and 2m in width
Prohibited on other vehicles"

and

"A closed circuit tell-tail for the parking lamps is optional. However, if a tell tail is fitted it must not be possible to confuse it with the tell-tale for the front and rear position lamps"

Fair enough, il leave it off then