Board logo

wireing help neaded please
sprocky - 23/1/14 at 08:00 PM

Hi can you good people. Help me out ime building a trike one wheel at front I no this my not apeal to most of you guys but I love the bikeing life wether it be bike or scooter sadend 30 years ago had to sell me lambretta GP200 . Due to a bang on the head witch resulted in a brain hemeradge and 50% los of left hand side .so a trike is my only way .I've had a reliant trike for the past 10 years had anogh of. No feeeeeeeeekn speed or grunt had a chance of a granny 2.9auto engine built 1989 brc stampt on bloc foun out of a scorpio it is pre cat so thinking that's a bounus so my big problem is the wreing the only thing missing from the loom is the fuse box.I have to get some afms .sorry to bore you all but I nead help .as ime confused spoke to some auto ellectrions all I get from them its esy but it guna cost ya with a big smile and rubing there fat gready fnkands hoping if there is a heplful one here you don't take afence and I gi e you full respect once again sorry if I've boared you .all I nead to no is can you help me out with simple wiering diogram .ie what I nead to get engine runing as is it just a case of wat you don't nead trse back to ecu and just diconet if it an't therer ecu won't look for it I don't no do you. I can get a 10 way fuse box from my locol auto ellectrics suplier for 20 quid can't get my head arond, wireing diogra m in the hayns man sos to all but I realy nead for some one who has done this to please help me outt yours hopeing sprocky

Wadders - 23/1/14 at 10:03 PM

You might have more luck on the various ford forums or retro rides, PPC etc

Just done a bit of googling and came across this which might help.

http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/12vlooms.htm

Looks like a plate of spaghetti to me.

Good luck with it.

Al

snowy2 - 25/1/14 at 09:04 AM

if you know little about electrics and the loom you have is incomplete your looking at a huge job, it would be cheaper to source a carb manifold and 38 DGAS.
if however your feeling brave.....but then you would be halfway there already.
as for the rest of the vehicle electrics there is a post on this forum on rewiring a car from scratch, it doesn't cover fuel injection though as the subject is too wide.
your problem wont be fixed by bunging a fuse box in the loom, you will also need relays and a high pressure fuel pump (with tank return piping) and somewhere dry for the ecu to live (tricky on a trike)