Board logo

Small number plate light iva
serieslandy - 6/4/14 at 05:25 PM

I have a trailer type number plate light on my car but the light was showing to the rear of the car. To try and sort the problem I broke the lens last night trying to separate it from the plastic surround. Now it's laying on the garage floor in 50 pieces.
I have one of the small 4 led lights and wondering if anyone has passed iva with it. I didn't think it was amazingly bright/lit the whole number plate.
Cheers, Steve

Same as this

[Edited on 6/4/14 by serieslandy]

matt_gsxr - 6/4/14 at 06:11 PM

I've got one a bit like that. Passed SVA but different testers sometimes have different opinions.

Dave Bailey - 6/4/14 at 06:18 PM

It was the one I failed with showing white light to the rear.. No mention of it being not bright enough.. Fix the white light to the rear and you should be ok....

Dave B

serieslandy - 6/4/14 at 06:21 PM

I would have but the bit with the lens is a slightly smashed.(or did you mean the led one?)
My spare one at work didn't have a lens so that was no good either.

Davedew - 6/4/14 at 06:38 PM

Page 165 of the latest IVA manual states that ' The vehicle must be fitted with lamps or retro reflective material only capable of showing a red light to the rear except for : A white light from a work lamp, reversing lamp, interior lamp or registration plate lamp'

So you should / would be fine with whatever you fit so long as it passes the radius test

Daverog - 7/4/14 at 08:28 AM

That looks similar to my number plate light and I passed IVA OK in September last year.