Board logo

Fitting gauges to zetec ECU, possible??
Lozec - 8/2/05 at 11:25 AM

Hello all,
i want to fit a oil pressure gauge, oil pres. warning lamp and water temp gauge to my 1,8 zetec. I'm using the original senders and ECU. My question is if it's possible to get the information from the ECU. What kind of signals can I expect to find?

BR//Bernt

Mix - 8/2/05 at 11:39 AM

Using the original oil pressure switch and water temp sender should not pose much of a problem. As far as I'm aware the Zetec does not have an oil pressure sender fittted as standard so you would have to source one and tee it in.

Mick

Lozec - 8/2/05 at 02:42 PM

If I understand you correct, the sender on the right side of the motor is only a preasure switch, is that correct?

Regarding the ECU, is it possible to get a dc signal on any pin to connect to a gauge? (or am I totaly wrong???) ;-)

//Bernt

Mix - 8/2/05 at 04:39 PM

That's my understanding at the moment. I can't see how you will be able to pick off a pressure signal as there is no pressure transmitter.
I bought a gauge set from Lowtension which inluded senders, I'm pretty sure they sell the senders individually. Best bet would be to find out the requirements of your gauge and speak to them.

Mick

Lozec - 9/2/05 at 07:14 AM

OK. Thanks for the input!

BR //Bernt

givemethebighammer - 9/2/05 at 11:18 PM

these any good ?

givemethebighammer - 9/2/05 at 11:20 PM

and this ?

Lozec - 24/2/05 at 11:15 AM

Great! I had some of these before but I'll double check the wiring with yours before I turn on the switch!

BR //Bernt