Board logo

positioning of lights for sva
kevin booth - 5/1/06 at 10:15 PM

can anyone help not got a clue where to put them.

Humbug - 5/1/06 at 10:20 PM

If you get the SVA manual it's all fairly clear, though you will have a bit of measuring to do to make sure the lights are positioned not too far from the edges of the car, high enough etc.

Well worth the investment

RazMan - 5/1/06 at 10:32 PM

The SVA manual was my first purchase. Essential bedtime reading if you want to get past the dreaded test.

Messenjah - 5/1/06 at 10:58 PM

headlights on the front indicators on the sides rear and brake lights on the back seems like a good option

unless you dont wanna follow the crowd

omega0684 - 6/1/06 at 02:18 AM

massajah has hit the nail on the head there i think?

Hornet - 6/1/06 at 08:07 AM

Hi Kev

I have emailed you a shortened version of the SVA requirements. I passed first time with it so it covers everything you need.
Cheers John

donut - 6/1/06 at 08:28 AM

Any chance you could copy the email to me? andrew.west17 (at) btinternet.com

Cheers

02GF74 - 6/1/06 at 09:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Messenjah
headlights on the front, indicators on the sides rear and brake lights on the back seems like a good option

actually that is not quite correct about the indicators. They should be on the front and back plus a set of repeaters on the sides.

geoff shep - 6/1/06 at 10:27 AM

I think this is the current reg (I have the SVA doc at home and have not cross checked) - there are some amendments (which are also available on the gov website) but they don't affect the basic postioning bits of the reg. The schedules each relate to the different lights.

The Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989

Hornet - 7/1/06 at 03:25 PM

no probs m8.. email sent

oliwb - 7/1/06 at 06:25 PM

Any chance I could get a copy of it too?? Might be worth putting it in an archive or something for others????? Cheers in advance....Oli.

Ps.
My e-mail address is o.j.webster@btinternet.com

RazMan - 7/1/06 at 06:45 PM

You can dowload the revised SVA manual (228 pages of it) from here