Board logo

indicator wiring
dilley - 1/1/07 at 12:48 PM

I've changed my black bird clocks to a digidash, the origional clocks had a separate indicator wrning light for left and right, the digidash only has 1, obviously when both wires are joined together with the digi dash all 4 indicators flash, is it possible to pick up 1 feed from the relay??

Andrew.

stevetzoid - 1/1/07 at 12:59 PM

I have a Digi dash 2 Lite, on the indicator wires there are blocking diodes to prevent the back feed, check the wiring diagram on the etb website.
Regards Steve Evans.

dilley - 1/1/07 at 01:06 PM

Yes but if you join a feed from landr indicators the problem is before it gets to the digidash

stevetzoid - 1/1/07 at 01:12 PM

you have to have 2 seperate wires 1 for left and right then then join them to the 2 wires at the digi dash connections.
Steve

stevetzoid - 1/1/07 at 01:19 PM

Try this web address but I assume you have the wiring diagram.

http://www.etbinstruments.com/DigidashDownloads_Pdf/Wire_LITE_2y.pdf

not done links yet.
Steve.

dilley - 1/1/07 at 01:20 PM

I only have 1 input on the digidash-Green.

stevetzoid - 1/1/07 at 01:28 PM

I have just looked at the wiring diagrams again the green wire to the digi dash splits into 2 seperate wires. Looks like it should be 1 red wire and 1 white wire. Which digi dash have you got, is it a new one or is it second hand,
Steve.

dilley - 1/1/07 at 01:31 PM

I bought it new its a digdash2lite, my digram is the same as the down load except I just had a green wire with no split.

stevetzoid - 1/1/07 at 01:42 PM

I have the lite as well, have you peeled the outer sleeve off the cable to see inside, if there is only 1 core I think it may have to go back. You could use 2 relays and put a common feed onto each relay and use the switch wire to feed to the digi dash, each relay would be energised from the left and right indicators. thus avoiding the feedback problem. But I would think it should be made to the diagram, I wonder how it was tested if it's not made properly.
Steve.

stevetzoid - 1/1/07 at 01:44 PM

Just confirm does YOUR diagram show a green splitting to 2 wires, red and white.
Just in case they have changed the design.
Steve.

dilley - 1/1/07 at 01:59 PM

Yes it does, i'll have to have the dash out and have a look at what i've got,

Thanks Andrew.