Board logo

sierra main beam wiring
auzziejim - 13/1/07 at 05:32 PM

right i have the sierra main beam/indicator stalk in my car and have the later/thinner wires so can someone please explain, in laymans terms, how i wire the stalk to operate the main beam and relays as im really struggling and this is the last wiring job to do

please help

james

Peteff - 13/1/07 at 06:06 PM

Wire your lights through the relays then run the relay earths through your column switches, brown/yellow dip, brown/white main beam. Make sure you have the earth from the left stalk to the right when you switch from side to headlight brown/black joining terminal 15s on older or 56s on later (there are still two variations)

auzziejim - 13/1/07 at 06:41 PM

right well i have the sierra indicator stalk but not the light stalk. for lights im using an off/on/on toggle switch and have dip beam working. i need to work out what the 4 brown wires that my main beam switch has do. one i think will ne permanent live for the main beam flash. then one must be a live feed from dipped beam for normal main beam use on must be a feed to relay and on to lights and the other an earth?

are my assumptions right or am i totally off the mark?

james

BenB - 13/1/07 at 07:24 PM

I've got a description of a 2 relay (main and dipped) system for Sierra stalks on my website but thats probably not much use if you're not using the lighting stalk and shows the connection to a STM loom anyway.......

Have you got a copy of the Sierra Haynes manual- the wiring diagram isn't great (black and white) but with that and a multimeter it is possible to work out the connections you need..... Or that's what I did...

ps U2U me if not!! I know of a backup copy of the Haynes manual online. Obviously you need to own the original too for it not to be illegal.....

auzziejim - 14/1/07 at 06:40 PM

ben im even more confused now, lol

i forgot to mention im using the vicky green loom with the relay kit but still cant get my head around this

(told you i needed laymans terms )

james