Board logo

who's got one of these Vapor thingys?
blakep82 - 16/10/07 at 06:49 PM

Seems a good deal, don't much like the look of it though, and i've already got holes cut in a proper carbon dash (2nd hand, from one of the racing trucks)

am i missing something? is there any expensive stuff it needs before it'll work?

I'd rather have proper round gauges, but this does the job of many, and cheaper than 1 speedo...

http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=412_1808&products_id=13584

russbost - 16/10/07 at 07:07 PM

Think it's a good unit & brilliant price, only shortcoming I'm aware of is that it has no fuel gauge. There is a surround for it for about £25 which has all the warning lights in it.

blakep82 - 16/10/07 at 07:13 PM

yeah, i'm thinking about it really only for the speedo... my carbon dash already has 5 warning light holes, 2x52mm, & 1x80mm holes cut, plus a few for switches etc.

is it illuminated? it has to be for SVA doesn't it? says its E marked though...

speedyxjs - 16/10/07 at 07:28 PM

They look good but my only problem is that my engine for examole will only rev to 6500 so it might look a bit strange when the revs on the vapor go up to 12000

INDY BIRD - 16/10/07 at 07:45 PM

Hi i got one,

It has a perm 12v supply from battery which goes off after 20mins i think that lights it up blue, or you can just run it with the self contained battery in the unit, which then has a very dim back light,

Using also just for speedo only but has a rev counter abd shift light incoparated and temp guage,

donut - 16/10/07 at 08:36 PM

How do you set up the correct Miles Per Hour and how is it adjusted?

macdave69 - 16/10/07 at 09:44 PM

Mine is a little troublesome, the speedo is accurate enough for the SVA but the rev counter can't keep up with demand and the temperature gauge needs resetting every trip. I'm not sure I would buy another