lotusmadandy - 21/9/08 at 08:20 PM

Hello all

Can any one tell me what hose i need
to use to couple my bike carbs to the
manifold please.

I have got some blue silicone hose on at
the moment and it is starting to degrade
after only a very short time.

I have done a search on Ebay and turned up nowt that looks suitable.

Andy.

Paul TigerB6 - 21/9/08 at 08:24 PM

There was a thread about this a couple of days ago. Maybe someone should organise a group buy for a metre or two of the Fluoro-lined Samco hose. How many sets would you get out of a metre?

the other thread

r1_pete - 21/9/08 at 08:32 PM

About 40mm per carb, so say 200mm each to allow for a louse up. so 5 sets per metre would seem there abouts. Will take a look at the othet thread for price and supplier.....

indykid - 21/9/08 at 10:30 PM

wasn't it 70 quid a metre?

split that 5 ways and add postage and you're looking at top side of £15.

the original bike rubbers would do a far better job and would be a similar price on ebay or from a bike breakers i'd imagine.

i have the standard boggs green silicone hose and as yet, have had no problems. however, if i do, i'd stick some original rubbers on.

tom

Danozeman - 23/9/08 at 01:01 PM

quote:

i have the standard boggs green silicone hose and as yet, have had no problems. however, if i do, i'd stick some original rubbers on.

I have bogg bros blue hose on mine and its gone brown where the 2 join.

vinnievector - 23/9/08 at 04:32 PM

Hi ,lotus ,i went down this ave my self and bought some fuel hose off one of the stalls at a kit show .
i found that the hose slipped off the carbs as there was not much flange to them ,as i started to clamp them up . i suggest you get the bike rubbers as these have a ridge inside to stop this happeing ,and if you have the boggs manifold this has a rescess for the ridge
try to get the clamps to .
see bike brakers