Board logo

Cheep Haynes Roadster ROLL BARS (group buy)
ashg - 3/2/09 at 05:16 PM

Hi All Before we start i am not a trader. i am not making any money out of this. all i am trying to do is get everyone building a haynes roadster a good deal on a roll bar.

here it goes

I can get some cheep (like the budgie ) roll bars for the roadster to haynes spec.

They will be £30 each plus postage which is £6.50.

they are made out of 50.8mm 3.2mm thick ERW.

the price is just for the main roll bar with the bends, but not the backstays and cross bar. this is because the tube for the cross bar and back stays can be obtained anywhere and will vary on the backstays for people building with triton rear end.

i need to order 10 or more to get this price but if there is enough interest i will order all 10 with my own money and sell them off as needed.

[Edited on 5/2/09 by ashg]

Paul TigerB6 - 3/2/09 at 05:20 PM

Call it a group buy (rather than selling them) and i dont think anyone could have complaints about you not being a trader??

wrigglypig - 3/2/09 at 05:58 PM

Well done Ash I'll have one at that price

ashg - 3/2/09 at 06:27 PM

Ok send me a pm on the haynes forum stating how you want to pay etc.

If people could contact me through the haynes forum it will make it easier to manage

cheers guys

http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1487

Volvorsport - 3/2/09 at 08:11 PM

whats the width ? will it fit a 442 chassis ?

ashg - 3/2/09 at 08:16 PM

doubt it but its 1008mm from the middle of the tube.

wrigglypig - 3/2/09 at 08:29 PM

What is the 442 chassis??

HOL - 3/2/09 at 08:52 PM

Hi Ash,

I have a roll bar hoop already, but I would be interested in a local supplier of CDS.

ashg - 3/2/09 at 08:57 PM

ok i will find out if he is willing to supply it. as far as i am aware they are a fabrication shop and are not really interested in selling un fabricated stock on. their normal business is making farm gates lol.

when i asked for one roll hoop he wanted £75 when i asked about 10 it went down to £30.

3GEComponents - 4/2/09 at 11:05 AM

Ash, most of the cost will be in the set up, once one is done, the other 9 will be just material cost and a bit of labour.

I know some laser cutting companies that charge £100 on new orders, just to check the drawings (We don't )

Regards

John

ashg - 5/2/09 at 05:04 PM

hi john

he did say that programming the machine is what costs the money lol.

it would have been nice if you supplied them to save me the hastle of the group buy but it was a needs must situation

wozsher - 2/3/09 at 11:27 AM

If your not yet sorted with a roll bar I got mine made locally to the book for £100
if you want the guys number let me know
cheers Woz

hellbent345 - 11/3/09 at 12:44 PM

id be interested if this group buy goes ahead