Board logo

Navigon Primo GPS - any good?
Humbug - 28/12/09 at 10:25 AM

Here it is. Looks cheap (£75) but is it any good? Can you get cheap (or free...) updates and/or additional maps? The JL site seems to imply that it is Garmin compatible, given that it lists Garmin map update as an additional option.

Cheers,

Simon

ETA I have just seen it says "Memory card slot? No", so might limit updates/extra maps?

[img]http://s7v1.scene7.com/is/image/JohnLewis/230749275?$product$[/img]

[Edited on 28.12.2009 by Humbug]

Ben_Copeland - 28/12/09 at 10:31 AM

if you want it for simply getting from place to place and dont care if it really is the quickest way.

Then go ahead, if you use it for emergencies then it's fine.

I've had a few satnavs over the years and the best i've found is the TomTom for it's maps and routing. My wifes navigon (3years old now tho)) is terrible and takes her all the weird and wonderful ways instead of the logical way.

Peteff - 28/12/09 at 12:19 PM

Buy the ebuyer one which does have expansion slots and is £30 less and you will be able to run other systems on it.

need4speed - 28/12/09 at 12:53 PM

I will second the ebuyer one with other software, great bit of kit for the price.

Humbug - 28/12/09 at 02:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by need4speed
I will second the ebuyer one with other software, great bit of kit for the price.

Thanks for the suggestions... what other software (and where from)? Is the one provided no good?

[Edited on 28.12.2009 by Humbug]

Peteff - 28/12/09 at 03:24 PM

The turbodog software supplied is quite good anyway but if you can "find" a copy of tom tom or Mio maps it will run from SD card.