Board logo

Helmets (V2 Sport or Hedtec)
Richard Quinn - 18/2/10 at 09:49 PM

Anyone got any direct experience of these helmets (please don't search and point me in the direction of other forum discussions). They are both cheap for SA2005 helmets so I'm interested to hear direct experience relating to finish etc.

GreigM - 18/2/10 at 09:53 PM

I've got a V2 Sport - haven't used it in anger yet, but for the price I'm very happy, fits nice, seems comfy - only thing I'd like is a quick-release strap rather than buckle, but not a big deal.

TimC - 19/2/10 at 09:10 AM

I use what is effectively a Hedtec Demon. I imported mine from the states about two years ago before cheap helmets were readily available in the UK.
Spot the difference:

I've been very happy with it on trackdays and when racing. I'll only chenge it once I need/decide to go to Hans. Strangely, it looks like the model that I have isn't available without Hans posts in the UK.

I've no experience of the non-Hans 'Extreme' though.

DM - 7/4/10 at 07:43 PM

if no one has anything bad to say about these might go for one myself? (not sure which yet)

a4gom - 7/4/10 at 08:28 PM

i've got one of the new v2's, used it at croft on mondy and i'm very happy with it. imo its as good as the bell rs3 if not better. as with any helmet you really should try one on before buying, if you have an xl nose it might not be for you.