Board logo

Can anyone recommend a good driving experience day?
Liam - 6/3/10 at 06:48 PM

Hi there folks - wonder if you can help.

A friend of mine is visiting the UK/Europe from Singapore and one of the things he wants to do is one of these 'drive a supercar' day thingies. There seems to be millions to choose from and having not been on one myself I wouldn't mind some advice in choosing a decent company to go with.

So anyone here have any good/bad experiences to report? I've heard of somebody having a crap time at one of these sorts of things - driving a Lambo and being told not to take it above 5000rpm etc etc. Last thing I want is for him to spend a load of cash and to get something like that!

I'm in Bedford so local would be preferable - I guess one held at Silverstone ought to be OK as long as you get to gun it down Hangar straight. I think I've heard good stuff about Bedford autodrome too.

I think he's more interested in supercar/exotica than track weapons like elise/atom etc, but I suppose a mixture would be great too. So if anyone knows any good websites/companies to start with, it'd be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Liam

Krismc - 6/3/10 at 06:49 PM

Audi driving @ silverstone

Includes drifting a RS4, absolutly amazing

MakeEverything - 6/3/10 at 07:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Liam
Hi there folks - wonder if you can help.

A friend of mine is visiting the UK/Europe from Singapore and one of the things he wants to do is one of these 'drive a supercar' day thingies. There seems to be millions to choose from and having not been on one myself I wouldn't mind some advice in choosing a decent company to go with.

So anyone here have any good/bad experiences to report? I've heard of somebody having a crap time at one of these sorts of things - driving a Lambo and being told not to take it above 5000rpm etc etc. Last thing I want is for him to spend a load of cash and to get something like that!

I'm in Bedford so local would be preferable - I guess one held at Silverstone ought to be OK as long as you get to gun it down Hangar straight. I think I've heard good stuff about Bedford autodrome too.

I think he's more interested in supercar/exotica than track weapons like elise/atom etc, but I suppose a mixture would be great too. So if anyone knows any good websites/companies to start with, it'd be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Liam

A friend of mine did a corporate day atBedford Aerodrome, and he said it was awesome. Drove a 7, single seater etc...

GMPMotorsport - 6/3/10 at 07:04 PM

www.DriversDreamDays.co.uk
www.everymanracing.co.uk

Won't go wrong with either of these but then again I do work for them

RichieHall - 6/3/10 at 11:06 PM

Saab Ice Driving

http://www.icehotel.com/uk/Activities-in-Lapland/Ice-driving/

Absolutely no limits what so ever, the instructor kept pushing me faster and faster until I exceeded my talent and ended up being pull out of the snow wall, he just laughed!

Fantastic day, the wife even won a brand new (1/28 scale) SAAB 9-3 for being the 'best' driver!

40inches - 8/3/10 at 09:49 AM

The wife bought me a Caterham Slalom Day for my 60th last year. What a hoot! Donuts r us. The instructors are ace, and one of them is a slim, blonde, 20 something girly, who put the macho "But it,s a GIRL" brigade to shame

Liam - 9/3/10 at 06:33 PM

Thanks guys. The ultimate supercar thingy on GMPs link looks just the business.