Board logo

Small world after all
mangogrooveworkshop - 12/4/10 at 04:56 PM

In Perth Screwfix getting some nuts and bolts washers and locktite......

So the guy behind me says Im buying the same stuff.... so I quipped yep its time to get my car on the road as the seven is in bits.
Turns out he is a locostbuilder as well and he is putting one of his cars together....

we didnt get the washers or the loctite as they were out of stock......so may be tomorrow I will bump into Mr Ramsey....
small world

blakep82 - 12/4/10 at 04:58 PM

who was it?

mangogrooveworkshop - 12/4/10 at 05:00 PM

Ive got his card but I had to go to a fault before quitting time. Said I will give him a call as he wants a blast in a bec.

blakep82 - 12/4/10 at 05:07 PM

wasn't someone off here then?

ian86 - 12/4/10 at 05:22 PM

hi jack rant about screwfix

surprise surprise they were out of stock on two of the four items. i've given up on them. they always have stuff in stock for mail order but then put in a massive box which allows it all to float about smacking into each other.
its a shame because they have lots of bits and bobs but there my last go to place now.

plentywahalla - 12/4/10 at 05:29 PM

Screwfix were excellent until B&Q took them over... Since then prices have gone up, quality and stock have gone down.

They used to have a really good range of well priced air tools. Now they stock the same small, overpriced range of c**p that B&Q do.

Don't use them any more.

iank - 12/4/10 at 05:39 PM

The ex-directors of screwfix started toolstation after the B&Q buyout.

Worth a look (have a good range of air-tools though I've no idea if they are better/worse/the same as the ones screwfix sell)

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Power+Tools/Air+Compressors+Tools/d40/sd3164

se7en - 12/4/10 at 07:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by plentywahalla
Screwfix were excellent until B&Q took them over... Since then prices have gone up, quality and stock have gone down.

They used to have a really good range of well priced air tools. Now they stock the same small, overpriced range of c**p that B&Q do.

Don't use them any more.

I agree wholeheartedly. I would have ordered about £50 of kit every couple of months, Screwfix would be lucky if they get that in a year from me.

JoelP - 12/4/10 at 08:20 PM

SF got £604 from me the other day. Hard to beat on some prices IMHO. I got a rebranded 18v makita drill with 3 batteries for £50. The last one i got survived 2 years of trade abuse.

I think their approach is to make you think they are cheap and then sting you on a few key things. Same at most places i find.